POWER SYSTEMS FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN - 9731
Primary duties include generator, compressed air, HVAC repairs, service, inspect and prepare equipment for delivery. Set-up of equipment and accessories at job site including electrical cable, air hose, water hose and electrical panels. Instruct customer on safe and proper operation of equipment. Communicate information regarding equipment condition, problems and recommendations. This position also requires you to work on call as needed. Ideal candidate has 1-2 years' experience as a Rental Power Systems Technician in a Field Service environment.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose equipment malfunctions and failures.
- Maintain good client relations and support for corporate marketing objectives.
- Repair, recondition, and maintain equipment and components.
- Prepare service reports.
- Plan and control cost of repair jobs.
- Maintain company equipment – keep in good clean orderly condition.
- Work safely at all times. Adhere to all applicable safety policies. Comply with all company policies, procedures and standards.
- Own and maintain required personal tools.
- Learn and use Empire, Caterpillar and allied product procedures and systems.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain current MSHA card if work area requires.
- Provide on-the-job training to technicians and helpers as assigned.
- Work overtime as needed.
- Travel to remote locations as needed.
- Make warranty recommendations.
- Communicate with proper individuals to clarify instructions or discuss scope or progress of job.
- Must accomplish training and serve as a Green Belt in support of EMPIRE's Six Sigma program.
- Work within and promote corporate values.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Communicate verbally and in writing, information, instructions and explanations to associates, clients and management regarding vehicle/component/equipment conditions, problems, recommendations, and repair processes.
- Demonstrated technical skill competence.
- Knowledge and skills to operate and understand diagnostic equipment including computerized instrumentation.
- Appropriate manner, conduct, and grooming adhere to company policy.
- Ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively.
- Consistent attendance.
- Ability to obtain CDL.
- Knowledge of CAT machine components and systems.
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable safety policies and use of all required safety equipment.
- Must have acceptable attendance to meet all company standards and requirements.
Education and Experience:
- Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Current driver’s license.
- Current CDL is required prior to hire. (On-going costs to maintain CDL after hire date will be paid by Empire)
- Minimum of 6 months related experience.
- Completion of TRAIN test evaluation.
- Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write) in English.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, talk or hear, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop or kneel.
- The employee is required to lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, and peripheral vision.
- May be required to operate a forklift with appropriate certification(s).
- This position is designated as a "Safety-Sensitive Position". A Safety-Sensitive Position includes tasks or duties that EMPIRE in good faith believes could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; and outside weather conditions.
- The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold, and extreme heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Empire Southwest is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
Location/Region: Tucson, AZ