SENIOR HEAVY EQUIPMENT MECHANIC
Performs preventive maintenance and repairs of heavy vehicles and equipment. Rebuilds and installs engines and makes service calls.
- Performs preventative maintenance by replacing fluids and filters in equipment, measuring, adjusting and recording test results, cleaning and replacing components in equipment, checking and adjusting components and ensuring equipment is in proper operating condition.
- Repairs equipment and makes service calls by diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and replacing defective parts and components, investigating malfunctions and breakdowns, installing new parts and components and welding and fabricating parts as needed.
- Rebuilds and installs diesel, gasoline and natural gas engines by disassembling, inspecting, measuring and evaluating internal and external engine parts, ordering parts, reassembling and installing engines, verifying clearance and tolerance and making adjustments as necessary.
- Interprets and applies information from technical manuals and web sites.
- Tests equipment in accordance with technical requirements.
- Prepares reports, requisitions and work orders and maintains records.
- Maintains shop by cleaning, degreasing shop areas, painting and labeling equipment and promoting safety procedures.
- Contains and safely disposes of hazardous wastes.
- Minimum Education Level & Type: 6 months post High School
- Minimum Experience Qualifications: At least 4 years maintaining, repairing, and rebuilding heavy and specialized trucks, construction, and street maintenance equipment
- Valid and Unrestricted Class D - Driver's License
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Some positions require Mobile Air Conditioning Society (MACS) Certification
- Positions at Tucson Water require a CDL Class B permit at time of application
Location/Region: Tucson, AZ