The Town of Marana is seeking a Civil Engineer to work in the Engineering Department. This is a full-time position and an exciting opportunity for someone interested in having a direct impact on the Town's development projects. This position conducts technical engineering reviews for private and public development projects; reviews plans, drainage reports, and geotechnical reports.
Salary Range: $65,825.07 - $98,737.08
Hiring Range: $65,825.07 - $82,281.07
Examples of Duties
- Reviews design work by other professionally licensed engineers by maintaining oversight and review of complex construction drawings, hydrologic and hydraulic models, geometric designs and floodplain studies for compliance with engineering standards, street standards and town land development code for all town and developer projects.
- Designs Town projects including drainage projects; produces and reviews various reports and construction drawings for large, complex drainage improvement projects; conducts street capacity calculations; supports field changes during capital project construction; designs and researches well logs for drywell drainage; prepares Conditional and Final Letters of Map Revisions to be submitted to the Federal Emergency Management Agency for capital improvement projects.
- Performs project management on minor specific projects such as right turn lanes, shared use paths, large drainage projects (including estimating, tracking, budget and coordinating with other departments), update and include new processes and procedures in project management manual, prepares cost estimates, and management of Town's Way Finder Program.
- Develops drainage related standards such as guidance or procedural manuals and code, and reviews projects for compliance.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- Over three years of professional civil engineer experience
- Professional Civil Engineer license
- Valid Arizona driver license
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Certified Floodplain Manager
- Familiarity with Town of Marana and Pima County drainage requirements
If you meet the minimum requirements, submit a completed Town of Marana application which can be supplemented with a resume and cover letter. Candidates are responsible for verifying receipt of materials. Applications may be submitted by applying online at www.maranaaz.gov and following the employment link. All status updates will be sent via email through the applicant tracking system. Job posting will remain open until filled.