POSITION TITLE: Front Desk / Administrative Assistant
STARTING SALARY: $28,000 + Benefits (non-negotiable)
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Pima County Bar Association
II. POSITION SUMMARY:
The position’s main purpose is to provide assistance and support to (a) the office team with daily operations, and (b) the Continuing Legal Education (CLE) program of the Pima County Bar. *Note: This is a NON-legal position and does not involve legal casework.
III. TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to):
- Greets office guests/phone callers at front desk area and assists bar members and clients in person, over the phone, by mail, and via email in a professional manner – preferably with proficient speaking/writing skills in English and Spanish
- Designs seminar flyers, organizes seminar materials & activities, serves as seminar committee liaison, and assists with all seminar preparations and follow-up tasks
- Prepares and maintains materials, attendance lists, and other written correspondences needed for various PCBA events, seminars, luncheons, activities, and mailings
- Maintains office files, legal forms and orders supplies
- Processes invoices and mail/email requests for legal forms and other materials
- Assists with proofing of monthly newsletters, annual directory, and other office items
- Handles cash and monitors visitor/member payments
- Serves as a back-up Bilingual (English/Spanish) phone respondent for PCBA programs
- Other tasks as assigned
IV. DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Excellent skills in communication, customer service, and working with the public
- Able to manage several tasks in an office with multiple programs, projects, and services
- Demonstrated proficiency with email, the internet, and computer programs, including Word, Publisher, Access, Excel, In-Design, Outlook; (exp. with website posting a plus)
- Organized, dependable, friendly, professional, who can work independently & with others
- Must be able to lift, carry, and/or move items up to 30 lbs
- Bilingual in English and Spanish HIGHLY desirable
- Some college required (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years experience in an office setting or engaging in similar tasks/projects
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references no later than Friday, January 26, 2018.
to Susan Trentham, Ph.D., Executive Director.
Materials may also be mailed to PCBA, P.O. Box 2189, Tucson, AZ 85702, faxed to (520) 623-9772, or emailed to email@example.com. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!
About this company
The Pima County Bar Association is a private, voluntary, 501(c)(6) non-profit association of attorneys and other legal professionals. We provide a variety of services to the public and to our 1500 members. Please note that our name reflects the geographic area we serve & represent, and that PCBA has no affiliation with the county, city, or federal government. We also do not have any licensing or disciplinary authority over lawyers or judges.
Location/Region: Tucson, AZ