RN – Douglas ED
36 Hrs – 7pm to 7am & 36 hr Swing Shift
Under general supervision, provides direct nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process, performs technical nursing functions upholds the standard of practice of a professional nurse in caring for patients on the Emergency Department
The Copper Queen Hospital is recruiting for a comfortable practice opportunity in the beautiful high desert.
Douglas is a small community surrounded by mountains, grasslands, riparian areas and sky islands which provide an excellent setting for biking, running, hiking, hunting and bird-watching. Douglas has a significant place in the history of the Old West, and is the setting for the Border Trilogy books by Cormac McCarthy.
Douglas is a two-hour drive from Tucson. Physicians who work in Douglas could easily live in Tucson, Sierra Vista or Bisbee. The hospital will reimburse for hotel stays between shifts when appropriate.
We will offer a comprehensive benefit package to physicians who move to our community and work 36 hours or more per week. The package includes 3 weeks of paid vacation, 1 week of paid time off for CME, $4500 CME benefit, no-contribution health insurance with Cigna, disability, and 401k.
For physicians who live remotely but work 36 hours per week, we will offer no-contribution health insurance with Cigna in addition to the hourly rate.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
- Current license in the State of Arizona.
- CPR Certified.
- Knowledge of theory, principles, techniques, and practice of professional nursing; of scientific principles and nursing research; of preparation, administration, and actions of medications; of treatments and medical procedures; of counseling and teaching techniques; of medical equipment as it relates to patient care.
- Ability to demonstrate clinical competency.
- Current knowledge in caring for all age groups of patients.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- ACLS a plus
- 1 year ER experience preferred
Location/Region: Douglas, AZ