The Ashton Company, Inc., Contractors and Engineers is a heavy civil contractor founded in 1946 based in Tucson, Arizona. The Company builds projects for public and private clients in the transportation, water, wastewater, commercial, mining, and industrial market sectors. The Estimator / Project Manager position works for the VP responsible for their market sector, projects range in size from $100K to $50M.
- Lead the overall estimating process including review of project plans and specifications, takeoff, analysis of self-performed work, material and subcontractor solicitation, and bid closeout.
- Understand capabilities of the Company to assist in bid selection and market analysis
- Maintain understanding of current crew and equipment productions and capabilities, construction means and methods, as well as industry safety practices
- Identify project risks and opportunities
- Create pre-bid critical path schedule to ensure Company can complete project within the contract time allowed
- Prepare estimates at different levels of completion and project delivery methods – conceptual/budgetary, hard bid/unit price/lump sum, negotiated, CMAR, and DB.
- Perform post bid buyout including assisting with creation of project budgets, purchase orders, and subcontracts
- Manage awarded projects from the main office with change order analysis, value engineering proposals, monitoring budgets, schedule, forecasting, and providing support for items of work over-budget or behind schedule
- Maintain strong relationship with industry including public agencies, private clients, engineering firms, material suppliers, and subcontractors
- Mentor and develop estimators, engineers, and superintendents.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management preferred
- Minimum 10 years of related work experience
- Minimum of 5 years in the field managing projects
- Proficient computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience with estimating software (HCSS), takeoff software (Bluebeam, AGTEK), scheduling software (Microsoft Projects, P6) is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills (listening, verbal and written)
- Enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
- Organizational ability – able to plan, prioritize, organize and monitor activities and projects.
- Ability and desire to work in a fast paced environment
- Some travel required depending on project location
Pre-employment background check and drug screening required. EOE Women/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled
Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location/Region: Tucson, AZ