The Data Analyst collects, maintains, manipulates, manages, and interprets data received from internal and external data sources. The Data Analyst also presents data, ideas and reports to leadership designed to improve health care quality and lower health care costs.
Education: Preferred bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, public health or computer science from an accredited college. Experience in financial modeling and database applications preferred. Additional years of experience may be substituted for education requirements.
Work Experience: 3 or more years working as a data analyst in health care
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Advanced Excel skills including pivot tables, charts and conditional formatting
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret contracts, and governmental regulations
• Experience building and maintaining financial models and tracking performance against targets
• Ability to distill complex contracts and concepts into simple explanations/presentations
• Ability to succinctly summarize findings in write reports and white papers
• Experience with statistical models and risk adjustment
• Experience with SAS, SQL or similar applications preferred
• Ability to effectively present information to leadership and respond to inquiries.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, analytical ability, strong judgment and the ability to work effectively with all employees.
• Willingness to learn new skills and software when requested.
About this company
Founded in 1994, Arizona Community Physicians is a physician-owned, predominantly primary care medical group practice, with offices in Tucson, Oro Valley, and Green Valley.
Since its inception, ACP’s goal has been to be a patient-centered, full-service, physician-owned medical group providing comprehensive outpatient services. We strive to develop personal, long-term relationships between our patients and their physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and ACP office staff.
Today, we are Arizona’s largest and most successful physician-owned medical group. ACP is a forward looking organization consisting of approximately 800 employees. Our group includes 166 providers in the specialties of family medicine, internal medicine, geriatrics, pediatrics, endocrinology, rheumatology, dermatology and gynecology. We are located in 50+ locations of varying sizes in Tucson, Oro Valley, and Green Valley.
As a physician group, we also are aware that the growth in health care costs is not sustainable over time, which is why we formed Abacus Health, an accountable care organization. We believe there is room to improve efficiencies as we improve patient care and we applaud restructuring the system to recognize providers for the good work they do in making patients healthier and improving their satisfaction.
Location/Region: Tucson, AZ