Human Resources Specialist
Level I: $13.68 - Additional compensation may be given for years of experience.
40 Hours/Week, Full Time, Career, Fiscal Year.
Performs responsible human resources functions of a confidential, varied and moderately complex nature in the Human Resources Department.
- Associate's degree or two years of college coursework in business, human resources or equivalent. Three years of progressive administrative or human resources support work may substitute for the degree
- One year of work experience in administrative support positions, including progressive human resources experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of word processing, database and spreadsheet applications
- Previous experience working in a school setting
- Bilingual/Spanish speaking
- Experience with certified substituting
- Knowledge of employment related laws
- Provides professional, courteous, and timely customer service at all times.
- Prepares files of recommended candidates for hire in the district.
- Determines compensation, based upon experience and informs the recommended candidate, other departments and sites of a hiring or promotional starting pay rate.
- Conducts new employee orientations to explain policies, open enrollments, procedures, salary structures, and related information pertaining to the District.
- Provides guidance to building principals and department managers concerning employment interviewing, hiring procedures and benefits.
- Develops and maintains strong partnerships with schools and departments for a broad range of issues regarding employment.
- Prepares contracts and computation information sheets.
- Provides personnel action information to Finance for position control purposes.
- Records and/or changes budget codes for personnel in the database.
- Provides information regarding policies and procedures to employees and applicants.
- Attends job fairs and prepares recruitment materials.
- Responds to requests for employment and personnel action information.
- Consults with Payroll regarding salary questions.
- Acts as a department liaison between the District and the Arizona State Department of Education's Certification office for certification issues, including emergency certifications and reciprocity.
- Manages certification tracking systems for job candidates.
- Generates correspondence for the Human Resources Manager with regard to employment actions.
- Processes personnel actions, including those that are federally mandated such as FMLA, OSHA, FLSA wage and hour compliance and ADA requirements.
- Maintains database information for employees.
- Compiles, prepares and processes administrative reports (including Board agenda items) regarding employment actions.
- Provides general direction to the HR Data Technicians regarding recruitment and open positions that have been filled.
- Assists in preparing and conducting wage and salary surveys, as necessary.
- Conducts substitute, transportation and food services job fairs and orientations.
- Coordinates substitute office functions, as assigned.
- Promotes and supports district-wide educational advancement in 21st Century Skills.
- Integrates knowledge and skills that are relevant to the 21st Century
- Performs related duties as required.
About this company
Amphi Public Schools offers a great working environment and strong traditions that provide unique experiences in the workplace. We look for dedicated support staff, teachers and administrators that are committed to student learning and excellence in education.
Location/Region: Tucson, AZ