5217 – Financial Projects Coordinator – Finance Department
Starting Range: $60,049.60 Annual
This position is in the Budget Division of the Pima County Finance & Risk Management Department.
Salary Grade: 60
This position is located in the Budget Division of the Department of Finance and Risk Management. The successful candidate will work in a team environment, assisting in the forecasting, monitoring, and projecting of revenues for the County and various special taxing districts, including the County Library, Flood Control and Stadium Districts. This position also assists in coordinating the County's property tax assembly process with County management, Clerk of the Board of Supervisors, Assessor, Treasurer, Superintendent of Schools, Arizona Department of Revenue and the Property Tax Oversight Commission and the printing and mailing of property tax statements to the owners of all property located in the county. In addition, this position conducts special projects, studies and analyses for County management. We are looking for a person with a positive attitude and who is passionate about their work to join our Budget Division team.
Proof of education will be required at time of interview.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in accounting, finance, economics, public or business administration, or a closely related field as defined by the appointing authority at the time of recruitment and two years of professional level experience in accounting, budgeting, auditing, financial analysis, property tax management or financial management. (Additional relevant education from an accredited college or university and/or experience may be substituted.) (A CPA designation may substitute for one year of required experience.) OR
- Two years of experience with Pima County as an Accountant-Senior, Finance Analyst-Senior, Grant Accountant & Compliance Specialist, Finance Operations Specialist-Central Finance, Internal Auditor I, Finance Accountant-Principal, Finance Analyst-Principal. OR
- Two years of experience with Pima County as a Program Manager performing professional level accounting, budgeting, auditing, financial analysis, property tax management or financial management work for the Finance & Risk Management Department.
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the "Education" and "Work Experience" sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write "see resume" on your application. Preferred Qualifications: (Be specific in describing your experience in your application. Ensure the descriptions provided illustrate your competencies, specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications.):
- Experience with the principles and practices of governmental accounting, budgeting and auditing.
- Experience in financial and economic forecasting and projection techniques, including statistical analysis and modeling.
- Experience with/knowledge of Arizona property tax statutes, procedures and policies.
- Experience compiling, preparing and submitting routine, recurring and special reports for management.
- Effective oral and written communication with all levels of management, including project management and group/team leadership.
Pima County Human Resources Department reserves the right to admit to the selection process only those candidates that meet the minimum/desired qualifications. All applications will be assessed based on an evaluation of the listed education and experience. Candidates meeting the minimum/desired qualifications may be further evaluated/scored against any advertised Preferred Qualifications. The hiring authority will interview and select the successful candidate from a referral list provided by Human Resources. Additional assessments/testing may be required as part of the selection process.
Licenses and Certificates: Some positions require a valid Arizona Class D driver license at the time of application. Failure to maintain the required licensure shall be grounds for termination.
Special Notice Items: The County requires pre-employment background checks. Successful candidates will receive a post-offer, pre-employment background screening to include verification of work history, education and criminal conviction history. A prior criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify a candidate from employment with the County.
Physical/Sensory Requirements: Physical and sensory abilities will be determined by position.
CLOSING DATE: Friday 09/20/2019 11:59 PM Arizona Time.
When applying to this position, please note the Job Number is 2019-01050.
About this company
The Human Resources Department partners with clients to recruit and retain a highly committed, highly competent, and results-oriented workforce by leading Pima County in the acquisition, maintenance, development and measurement of its human assets and by providing various employment-related services and activities. Services include: Recruitment and Selection, Classification and Compensation, E-Verify®, Personnel Records, Employment Rights, ADA Administration, FMLA Administration, Employee Benefits and Wellness, Management Training, Performance Management, HIPAA / Privacy Practices and Federal, State and local labor reporting.
Location/Region: Tucson, AZ