Starting Salary - $86,423.00 - negotiable based upon education and experience
The Tucson Unified School District is looking for an experienced accountant with school finance and/or local government finance experience to serve as our Internal Auditor.
ABOUT TUCSON UNIFIED
As Southern Arizona's largest school district and 6th largest employer, Tucson Unified School District is able to provide its team cutting edge educational training and support programs.
Five reasons to work in Tucson Unified:
- We're the place for your talent and passion for student achievement and closing the achievement gap.
- We’re an urban school district that believes all students can achieve at high levels.
- We’re committed to providing our students with multicultural and culturally responsive education.
- We’re transforming our school district and the community by making a difference in the lives of our students.
- We value and recognize our innovative, highly performing, and creative staff.
Join Tucson Unified and serve in the forefront of American education in beautiful Tucson, Arizona. As the second largest district in the state we have 89 schools and proudly serving, over 49,000 students, parents, and families since 1867.
The work of the internal auditor will greatly enhance the productivity of the district which helps us maximize our resources and ensure our commitment to students is met.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Tucson Unified School District is looking for a motivated and effective leader to join its senior leadership team as its Internal Auditor. The Internal Auditor leads the District’s efforts in evaluating district endeavors in complying with federal, state, and local rules of financial reporting and making recommendations on improvement of District’s various accounting and operational systems as well as practices and procedures.
Examines and evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of the management control systems practiced by the district to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal rules for financial reporting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Four years prior experience as auditor.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Government Accounting Standards (GAGAS) and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS).
- Knowledge and ability to use Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) accounting systems.
- Four years direct experience in school finance or local government finance.
- Knowledge of Uniform System of Financial Records (USFR). Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)OR Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- Two years auditing experience at supervisory/management level.
- Two years prior experience in standard information technology.
- Knowledge of budgeting practices and procedures.
- Master’s Degree or MBA.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS
- Effective organizational and planning ability and experience.
- The ability to relate well with people and remain objective under stress.
- The ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with all levels of staff and management.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS AFTER HIRE
- FBI fingerprint background check (at employee’s expense).
- Proof of immunity to rubeola (measles) and rubella (German measles), or proof of MMR immunization.
Tucson Unified School District is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination based on disability, race, color, religion/religious beliefs, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or national origin.
About this company
Tucson Unified School District (TUSD) is the largest school district of Tucson, Arizona, in terms of enrollment. Dr. Gabriel Trujillo is the superintendent, appointed on September 12, 2017 by the Governing Board. As of 2016, TUSD had more than 47,670 students.
Location/Region: Tucson, AZ