Police Officer Recruit
Salary: $47,132 ($22.66/hour)
What it Takes
Being a police officer is a job that involves a tremendous amount of responsibility and requires uncompromising integrity.
As a Tucson Police Officer you will be protecting life and property through the enforcement of laws and ordinances - and this involves an element of personal danger.
An officer must be able to act without direct supervision, be able to exercise independent judgment in meeting emergencies, and accept work assignments of rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays.
Our most successful candidates are those who have prepared both physically and academically for this demanding type of duty.
- High School Diploma
- U.S. Citizen
- At least 21 Years of Age at Graduation
- No felony convictions
- Valid & Unrestricted Driver’s License with 2 year driving history
- Good Physical Condition
- Excellent Character
See the AZ POST website for complete list of qualifications standards and rules at Arizona Peace officer Standards and Training Boards
The Tucson Police Department is looking for Motivated, Dedicated and Qualified individuals willing to join our team. Being a police officer is a career that comes with a tremendous amount of responsibility and therefore we are looking for individuals who share in our department values.
- Personal Responsibility
- Service Orientation
- Medical/Dental & Life Insurance Plans
- Retirement Plan Options
- Overtime Pay
- Career Enhancement Program
- Shift Differential Pay
- Bereavement Leave
- 30-Day Military Reservist Leave per 2 years
- Veterans Eligible For GI Bill During Training
- Tuition Reimbursement (up to $5200/yr)
- Workers Compensation
- (4) 10-Hour Work Days
- 104 Hours of Sick and Vacation Leave per year
- 40 Hours Paid Sick Leave
- 6 Weeks of Paid Parental Leave
- 11 Paid Holidays
- $250 Dollar Uniform Allowance
- Online Application & Questionnaire
- Written Exam
- Physical Fitness Assement
- Background Investigation
The Tucson Police Department offers a flexible testing schedule. Written and Physical Assesments sessions will be offered on a Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Applicants will be able to self schedule
when they take the tests.