1863 – Special Staff Assistant – Senior
(Senior Assistant to Department Director)
Starting Range: $47,528 Annually
This position is in the Behavioral Health Department. OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
Salary Grade: 51
Assists in the planning, direction, and administration of a department, division, or operation and performs related work as required. This classification is distinguished from the Special Staff Assistant classification by its organizational placement and its greater latitude in authority and responsibility.
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the "Education" and "Work Experience" sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write "see resume" on your application. Preferred Qualifications (Be specific in describing your experience in your application. Ensure the descriptions provided illustrate your competencies, specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications.):
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in business or public administration, management, accounting or finance or a related field and three years of professional administrative or managerial experience. (A Master's degree from an accredited college or university in one of the cited disciplines may be substituted for one year of required experience.) OR:
- An Associate's degree or at least 60 semester-hours from an accredited college or university with a major in public or business administration, management, accounting or finance and five years of professional administrative or managerial experience. OR:
- Seven years of professional administrative or managerial experience which included the review/analyses of accounting, budgeting or financial documentation.
- Five (5) or more years of experience working as an executive level administrative assistant to a professionally licensed individual.
- Five (5) or more years of professional administrative or management experience in a health or behavioral health related field.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in a legal field.
Other requirements: A professional writing sample as well as a data entry or typing test may be required as part of the hiring process.
Pima County Human Resources Department reserves the right to admit to the selection process only those candidates that meet the minimum/desired qualifications. All applications will be assessed based on an evaluation of the listed education and experience. Candidates meeting the minimum/desired qualifications may be further evaluated/scored against any advertised Preferred Qualifications. The hiring authority will interview and select the successful candidate from a referral list provided by Human Resources. Additional assessments/testing may be required as part of the selection process.
Licenses and Certificates: Valid driver license is required at time of application. Valid AZ driver's license and access to a registered/insured vehicle for business travel is required (business mileage reimbursed) at time of appointment. The successful applicant will be subject to a 39-month DOT Motor Vehicle Record review to determine applicant's suitability to operate county vehicles in accordance with Pima County administrative procedures. Failure to obtain and maintain the required licenses and certifications shall be grounds for termination. Any offer of employment resulting from this recruitment is contingent upon Fleet Services' review and approval of the candidate's driving record.
Special Notice Items: Pre-employment physical may be required. The County requires pre-employment background checks. Successful candidates will receive a post-offer, pre-employment background screening to include verification of work history, education and criminal conviction history. A prior criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify a candidate from employment with the County.
Physical/Sensory Requirements: Physical and sensory abilities will be determined by position.
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled.
When applying to this position, please note the Job Number is 2019-00944.
About this company
The Human Resources Department partners with clients to recruit and retain a highly committed, highly competent, and results-oriented workforce by leading Pima County in the acquisition, maintenance, development and measurement of its human assets and by providing various employment-related services and activities. Services include: Recruitment and Selection, Classification and Compensation, E-Verify®, Personnel Records, Employment Rights, ADA Administration, FMLA Administration, Employee Benefits and Wellness, Management Training, Performance Management, HIPAA / Privacy Practices and Federal, State and local labor reporting.
Location/Region: Tucson, AZ