4740 – IT – Applications Developer
This position is in the Information Technology Department.
Salary Grade: 56
Assists with the development of project scopes, pilot system efforts and definition of associated project costs for specific customer segments of the Pima County Information Technology (IT) Department or within an Elected Official's IT team. This classification is distinguished from the IT-Applications Developer-Senior classification by its focus on less complex applications development.
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the "Education" and "Work Experience" sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write "see resume" on your application. Preferred Qualifications (Be specific in describing your experience in your application. Ensure the descriptions provided illustrate your competencies, specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications.):
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college, university or technical trade school with a major in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems (MIS), or a closely related field as determined by the appointing authority at the time of recruitment. OR:
- An Associate's degree from an accredited college, university or technical trade school with a major in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems (MIS), or a closely related field as determined by the appointing authority at the time of recruitment and two years of work experience in software development and maintenance. (Additional relevant work experience and/or education from an accredited college, university or technical trade school may be substituted.)
- Experience developing and maintaining software applications.
- Experience troubleshooting and solving complex technical problems with applications.
- Experience with agile methodologies.
- Experience with Microsoft tools and technologies.
- Customer support experience.
- A resume is required.
Pima County Human Resources Department reserves the right to admit to the selection process only those candidates that meet the minimum/desired qualifications. All applications will be assessed based on an evaluation of the listed education and experience. Candidates meeting the minimum/desired qualifications may be further evaluated/scored against any advertised Preferred Qualifications. The hiring authority will interview and select the successful candidate from a referral list provided by Human Resources. Additional assessments/testing may be required as part of the selection process.
Licenses and Certificates: Some positions may require appropriate licenses or certifications at time of appointment or within a specified timeframe, e.g., Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS). Valid driver license is required at time of application. Valid AZ driver license is required at time of appointment. The successful applicant will be subject to a 39-month DOT Motor Vehicle Record review to determine applicant's suitability to operate county vehicles in accordance with Pima County administrative procedures. Failure to obtain and maintain the required licenses and certifications shall be grounds for termination. Any offer of employment resulting from this recruitment is contingent upon Fleet Services' review and approval of the candidate's driving record.
Special Notice Items: The County requires pre-employment background checks. Successful candidates will receive a post-offer, pre-employment background screening to include verification of work history, education and criminal conviction history. A prior criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify a candidate from employment with the County.
Physical/Sensory Requirements: Some positions require lifting equipment, climbing, working on towers, elevated or below grade platforms. All positions require the ability to identify industry standard color-coding of electrical wiring and components. Other physical and sensory abilities will be determined by position.
CLOSING DATE: Friday, 08/23/2019 11:59 pm Arizona Time
When applying to this position, please note the Job Number is 2019-00929.
About this company
The Human Resources Department partners with clients to recruit and retain a highly committed, highly competent, and results-oriented workforce by leading Pima County in the acquisition, maintenance, development and measurement of its human assets and by providing various employment-related services and activities. Services include: Recruitment and Selection, Classification and Compensation, E-Verify®, Personnel Records, Employment Rights, ADA Administration, FMLA Administration, Employee Benefits and Wellness, Management Training, Performance Management, HIPAA / Privacy Practices and Federal, State and local labor reporting.
Location/Region: Tucson, AZ