1351 – Accountant
(Departmental Analysis Division)
Starting Range: $18.78/hr
This position is in the Departmental Analysis Division of the Pima County Finance & Risk Management Department.
Salary Grade: 42
This position assists in the entry and review of high volume financial transactions, assists with quarterly and year end inventory activity, researches and recommends solutions to budgetary matters and compiles quarterly revenue analysis.
Proof of education will be required at time of interview.
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the "Education" and "Work Experience" sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write "see resume" on your application. Preferred Qualifications: (Be specific in describing your experience in your application. Ensure the descriptions provided illustrate your competencies, specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications.):
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in accounting or a closely related field as defined by the Appointing Authority. [Professional-level accounting experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis; four years of professional experience in accounting may be substituted for the degree requirement.] [Paraprofessional accounting experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a two-to-one basis, e.g., two years of paraprofessional experience may be substituted for one year of education.] OR:
- An Associate’s degree or at least 30 semester hours in accounting from an accredited college or university and two years of professional accounting experience . [Four years of paraprofessional accounting experience may be substituted for the two years of professional experience.] OR:
- Three years of experience with Pima County as a Senior Accounting Support Specialist.
- Two (2) or more years of experience preparing and developing financial and budgetary reports.
- Experience and proficiency using Microsoft Excel, Access and Word.
- Two (2) or more years of experience researching, analyzing, interpreting, reconciling and auditing financial and budgetary data.
Pima County Human Resources Department reserves the right to admit to the selection process only those candidates that meet the minimum/desired qualifications. All applications will be assessed based on an evaluation of the listed education and experience. Candidates meeting the minimum/desired qualifications may be further evaluated/scored against any advertised Preferred Qualifications. The hiring authority will interview and select the successful candidate from a referral list provided by Human Resources. Additional assessments/testing may be required as part of the selection process.
Licenses and Certificates: Some positions require a valid Arizona Class D driver license at the time of application. Failure to obtain/maintain required licensure shall be grounds for termination.
Special Notice Items: The County requirespre-employment background checks. Successful candidates will receive a post-offer, pre-employment background screening to include verification of work history, education and criminal conviction history. A prior criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify a candidate from employment with the County.
Physical/Sensory Requirements: Physical and sensory abilities will be determined by position.
CLOSING DATE: Friday, 08/23/2019 11:59 pm Arizona Time
When applying to this position, please note the Job Number is 2019-00934.
About this company
The Human Resources Department partners with clients to recruit and retain a highly committed, highly competent, and results-oriented workforce by leading Pima County in the acquisition, maintenance, development and measurement of its human assets and by providing various employment-related services and activities. Services include: Recruitment and Selection, Classification and Compensation, E-Verify®, Personnel Records, Employment Rights, ADA Administration, FMLA Administration, Employee Benefits and Wellness, Management Training, Performance Management, HIPAA / Privacy Practices and Federal, State and local labor reporting.
Location/Region: Tucson, AZ