Est. Starting Salary $48,695/annually (Paid at the rate of $23.41/hr) plus EXCELLENT benefits package
This position will be part of the team that is responsible for the development, maintenance and support of all the database related systems and applications for Golder Ranch Fire District. This person will work with staff and technology representatives to develop new reports and processes, in addition to refining existing ones. This position’s primary role is to support users with applications related to fire records, electronic patient care reporting and other existing applications. Additionally, this position provides assistance in resolving application problems for other contracted intergovernmental agencies as needed.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoots and resolves user requests for assistance with software applications and basic desktop user problems, or escalates/refers to appropriate source.
- Utilizes help desk software to document user issues and follows through with service requests to ensure closure and customer satisfaction.
- Handles all tier one/two helpdesk and walk-in requests as they relate to supported software applications.
- Reviews, analyzes, modifies, installs, and debugs operating and application systems.
- May perform primary imaging and PC replacement function.
- Monitors IT infrastructure and application components for proper operation within established performance, function and availability expectations.
- Performs basic desktop troubleshooting to include hardware, software, security, malware, and virus issues.
- Consults with employees to insure efficient use of computer-related software.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining user accounts, files, and rights.
- Works with vendors for software support and problem resolution.
- Develops, updates, and manages documentation to support IT functions.
- May provide informal training and informational sessions for users.
- Ensure that IT related information is well-organized and accessible.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of hardware and technical software operations with an emphasis on Microsoft products.
- Ability to understand basic local area network operations.
- Ability to work independently and outside normal business hours as required.
- Ability to clearly communicate with management and employees.
- Ability to drive a personal or district vehicle.
- Knowledge of and an ability to perform the principle duties and responsibilities cited for this position.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed stored or accessed by the network.
- Ability to independently work multiple projects while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to stay current on technologies affecting the fire district systems infrastructure issues and investigate/implement new technologies.
- Must possess an Associate’s Degree in Computer Science or related field from and accredited college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education OR Equivalent years of work experience and the ability to obtain the degree and meet this educational requirement within three (3) years of the date of appointment to the position (as a condition of employment).
- Two (2) years full-time work experience with responsibility in technical software and hardware, PC support or any equivalent combination of experience, training, and education.
- Basic understanding of PC hardware and software.
- Basic understanding of wireless networking, wireless network components and devices to include cellular based mobile devices and tablets.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Arizona Driver’s License with acceptable driving record.
- Experience working with SAP Crystal Reports
- Experience with ZOLL - Data Management Software
- Experience with Microsoft SQL 2008 Server systems or newer
- Experience with Microsoft Windows 2008R2/2012 systems or newer
- Experience with Microsoft Enterprise Doman Structure
- Experience working in a Public Safety networks and\or applications environment
About this company
“With integrity – Golder Ranch Fire District provides responsive and caring fire and life safety services that meet the emerging needs of our community through teamwork, dedication, and professionalism.”
“To be progressive, professional, fiscally responsible and customer centered.”
Location/Region: Tucson, AZ