Manager, Market Research
Tech Launch Arizona (TLA) creates social and economic impact through bringing UA inventions from the lab to the world. We build connections between the talents of our faculty and researchers and the experience of entrepreneurs and investors. We cultivate these conversations, fostering ideas that start in the lab, and grow them into new products and thriving businesses that beneﬁt society.
The Market Research Manager will work with TLA team members to deﬁne, articulate, develop, and respond to various business intelligence needs of early stage technologies, making market strategy recommendations based on conclusions of research and understanding of the commercialization environment. This position will be responsible for the implementation of research standards and oversight of training and work quality of TLA student employees working on assessment projects.
The Market Research Manager primary responsibilities include:
- Manage and oversee market research student employees
- Coordination with UA Library partners for market research requests
- Complete various levels of intellectual property (IP) patent landscape analysis and market analysis, as appropriate
Federal regulations require that the incumbent be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident to be ITAR/EAR compliant.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona is in the process of creating a new classification and compensation architecture. This University Career Architecture Project (UCAP) will revolutionize the way we think about professions and manage compensation at the UA. It is a two year initiative that will replace the current classified staff and appointed professional categories of employment with market-based job functions and families. As an applicant, UCAP will create clearer career paths and opportunities and will help you make more informed pay decisions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage and oversee the training of student interns participating in executing assessments and market research functions
- Respond to, coordinate and execute market research requests, including both initial reviews and “deep dives” in a timely, concise and effective manner
- Coordinate research database subscriptions and access
- Oversee UA Library partnership for market research resources
- Identify new developments, resources and trends in the area of market research, industry analysis and information resources to enhance market research capabilities
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience conducting research in a professional setting
- Knowledge of market strategies
- Knowledge of technology commercialization concepts
- Experience and knowledge of technology commercialization, entrepreneurship, or innovation management concepts
- Effective communicator and ability to represent TLA in a range of professional settings
- Master’s degree in business, management, or related field
- Professional experience in university technology commercialization
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Business development leadership experience
- Technology development experience
Location/Region: Tucson, AZ