5215 – Finance Analyst – Principal
(Functional System Administrator – Financial Transactions Division)
Starting Range: $58,884.80 Annual
This position is in the Finance and Risk Management Department.
Salary Grade: 60
This position is located in the Financial Transactions Division of the Department of Finance and Risk Management. The successful candidate will work in a team environment dedicated to supporting Pima County's ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) financial system. Primary tasks will be to maintain the reliability of the system and provide support to all County users. The ideal candidate will demonstrate initiative to research complex problems and recommend innovative solutions. The candidate will have the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines while emphasizing accuracy and attention to detail.
Proof of education will be required at time of interview.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in public or business administration, finance, accounting, economics, or a related field and two years of professional level budget, auditing or accounting analysis, financial management research, or fiscal administration experience. (A Master's degree from an accredited college or university in one of the required disciplines may substitute for one year of the required experience.) OR:
- Three years of experience with Pima County as a Finance Analyst-Senior or Accountant-Senior. OR:
- Two years of experience with Pima County as a Finance Accountant-Principal or Finance Analyst-Principal.
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the "Education" and "Work Experience" sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write "see resume" on your application.
Preferred Qualifications: (Be specific in describing your experience in your application. Ensure the descriptions provided illustrate your competencies, specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications.):
- Experience working as a functional system administrator for an ERP financial system or as a subject matter expert in more than one functional area of a financial system.
- Experience testing system fixes/enhancements, participation in a financial system upgrade or participation in a financial system implementation.
- Experience working with large data sets, data mining or data analysis.
- Experience using SQL (Structured Query Language) or other industry standard programming languages.
Pima County Human Resources Department reserves the right to admit to the selection process only those candidates that meet the minimum/desired qualifications. All applications will be assessed based on an evaluation of the listed education and experience. Candidates meeting the minimum/desired qualifications may be further evaluated/scored against any advertised Preferred Qualifications. The hiring authority will interview and select the successful candidate from a referral list provided by Human Resources. Additional assessments/testing may be required as part of the selection process.
Special Notice Items: The County requires pre-employment background checks. Successful candidates will receive a post-offer, pre-employment background screening to include verification of work history, education and criminal conviction history. A prior criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify a candidate from employment with the County.
Physical/Sensory Requirements: Physical and sensory abilities will be determined by position.
CLOSING DATE: Friday 08/16/2019 11:59 PM Arizona Time.
When applying to this position, please note the Job Number is 2019-00641.
About this company
The Human Resources Department partners with clients to recruit and retain a highly committed, highly competent, and results-oriented workforce by leading Pima County in the acquisition, maintenance, development and measurement of its human assets and by providing various employment-related services and activities. Services include: Recruitment and Selection, Classification and Compensation, E-Verify®, Personnel Records, Employment Rights, ADA Administration, FMLA Administration, Employee Benefits and Wellness, Management Training, Performance Management, HIPAA / Privacy Practices and Federal, State and local labor reporting.
Location/Region: Tucson, AZ