Medical Billing Specialist
The Medical Billing Specialist is responsible for performing billing, collections and accounts receivable follow-up.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Reviews all assigned accounts.
- Assists patients with billing questions.
- Researches and corrects all denials received for assigned accounts.
- Performs various collection actions including contacting patients by phone and resubmitting claims to third party payors.
- Reviews accounts for possible collection agency assignment; makes recommendation to Billing Supervisor and prepares information for collection agency.
- Documents all correspondence with patients, insurance carriers, and vendors.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred.
Experience: Minimum three years medical billing experience, urology experience preferred.
- Knowledge of billing/collecting practices and clinic policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of governmental and commercial insurance plans
- Knowledge of medical terminology, as well as ICD-10, CPT, CPT Modifiers and HCPCS codes.
- Knowledge of computer systems, programs, and spreadsheet applications.
- Knowledge of confidentiality requirements relating to patient information.
- Other duties as required.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in time management and organization
- Proficient skills in computer programs, Word and Excel.
- Ability to accurately enter data and examine insurance documents.
- Ability to deal courteously with patients, staff and others.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all business/work information.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly with others.
Position is Located at our Central Business Office at Swan and Grant
***** Benefits Offered: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, Pension Plan, PTO,
Paid Holidays, "Birthday Off", Costco & Gym membership reimbursement