SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Oversees and supervises staff members assigned to department. Manages counseling services to ensure that needed interventions and available resources are provided to all students. Develops and implements training plan including professional development for staff. Ensures that the Center’s Counseling department is delivering quality services to the students inclusive of evaluations of student progress, crisis intervention, career guidance and behavior modification.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures staff members have adequate and effective training to complete areas of responsibilities;
- Supervises up to 6 direct reports ensuring that comprehensive services to students are being delivered in a quality manner;
- Maintains accountability for ensuring Counseling caseloads are manageable and allow for opportunities to focus on student growth and development inclusive of career technical training certificate and high school diploma or GED plus focus on social skill development;
- Coordinates staff meetings with direct reports as well as continuous collaborative efforts with career technical training, academic education, career transition and residential living to ensure student’s needs are being met;
- Addresses and provides guidance on crisis intervention, relationships and behavior modification of students within Program;
- Works with Health & Wellness staff to address student physical, emotional and disability-related needs on a case-by-case basis;
- Oversees “High Risk” Committee to address students who are in danger of leaving the Program prior to completion or being terminated from the Program;
- Maintains and oversees accountability for “minors” as well as all students on a daily basis;
- Ensures department is in compliance with Department of Labor, Corporate and Center regulations;
- Prepares various weekly and monthly reports of student progress and focus on “high risk” cases.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree and two years of relevant experience in counseling or related field plus two years of experience working with young adults. Must have at least fifteen (15) credit hours in social services-related instruction. Master’s degree is preferred. Valid AZ. driver’s license. (First Aid/CPR certifications required within 90 days)