Ex Ed Teachers
Effectively manage the Exceptional Education learning environment to prepare lesson plans, provide specialized instruction, evaluate, monitor, and collect data on the students’ performance in order to advance student achievement. Understand and appreciate diversity. Work collaboratively with a team to plan instruction. Demonstrate commitment to continuous learning. The Exceptional Education Teacher will complete required case management duties.
- Arizona Special Education Teaching Certificate
- Structured English Immersion (SEI) Endorsement
- Appropriate Special Education Endorsement/Approved Area
- Arizona IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Certain endorsement/approved areas(s) may be required for highly qualified/appropriately certified purposes.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS AFTER HIRE
Proof of immunity to rubeola (measles) and rubella (German measles), or proof of MMR immunization.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS - THE LIST OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE AND MAY BE SUPPLEMENTED.
- Prepare lesson plans and provide specialized instruction for students in with established curriculum and student need.
- Assess student needs and performance. Develop, implement and evaluate daily lesson plans, to include scheduled activities and materials. Modify instruction to meet the needs of each child.
- As appropriate plan, provide, and supervise community based instruction for students as defined by the Individualized Education Plan (IEP).
- Collect and maintain data on student progress.
- Plan, organize and display classroom materials appropriate to curricular activities.
- Uses and implement classroom management techniques to maintain organization, orderliness, student safety, and a productive learning environment.
- Plans instruction and implement instructional techniques to encourage and motivate students.
- Evaluate students’ performance regarding achievements in curriculum and activities. Make necessary provisions to meet learning needs.
- Ensure parents and students are informed of methods of evaluation used in the classroom.
- Inform parents of student progress and school activities. Advise parents of instructional methods that may assist student.
- Assist parents in problem solving and acquiring the necessary knowledge and skills to support the development and implementation of their child’s Individualized Education Plan (IEP).
- Develop transition plans for students, if appropriate. This can include instruction in job skills, development of on-the-job (OJT) placements, supervision of OJT student placements, instruction in college & career readiness, demonstration and teaching use of tools and safety equipment, demonstration of production requirements used in work settings.
- Participates as a member of an instructional team to promote Exceptional Education opportunities and activities for students consistent with district and school education objectives.
- Acts as an Exceptional Education Student Case Manager with duties including, but not limited to advocating for students, collaborating with general education teacher when required, monitoring for accommodations being implemented, maintaining appropriate communication data, and all responsibilities for Exceptional Education compliance.
- Collaborate with specialists as needed to assist students.
- Observe behavior of children in the classroom and on the playground.
- May monitor the activities of a teacher assistant and classroom volunteers.
- Monitor on a regular basis confidential folders and IEPs to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance.
- Adheres to all court orders, state and federal laws, and District policies and regulations pertaining to Special Education.
About this company
Tucson Unified School District (TUSD) is the largest school district of Tucson, Arizona, in terms of enrollment. Dr. Gabriel Trujillo is the superintendent, appointed on September 12, 2017 by the Governing Board. As of 2016, TUSD had more than 47,670 students.
Location/Region: Tucson, AZ