SUCCEED WHERE YOU HAVE THE POWER!
IT System Administrator II
Hiring Range: $5,767.00 - $7,208.75 Monthly Salary
Perform management of servers and computer systems relevant to business and operational systems. Role includes administration of servers and services through a life cycle of design, implementation, maintenance and removal. Plan, organize and oversee the integration of these systems into the business or operational systems. Optimize servers, services and associated equipment to support the business requirements of the Enterprise.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field and minimum of two to five years working experience in system administration; Associates Degree in Computer Science or related field with minimum four years working experience in system administration.
- Any equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience may be considered in lieu of practical experience in the requirements listed.
- CompTIA A+ certification required.
- Microsoft MCSA, MCSE, MCITP:SA or VCP6 certification is required.
- Knowledge of and some experience in Project Management methodology.
- Strong skills with servers and software applications in use across the enterprise.
- Strong knowledge of network design and administration.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows environments, including servers, workstations, networking and other hardware platforms
- Strong understanding of storage area network (SAN) technology including Pools, LUNS, etc.
- Strong knowledge of WAN/LAN configurations, design and implementation
- Experience in virtualization technology/concepts such as VMware, vCenter, ESX, View, terminal service or RDWeb
- Understanding of creation and modification of SQL backups, database restores and database permissions.
- Knowledge of KMS, DFS, WSUS, DNS, WMI and other Microsoft services
- Basic Linux and data center design knowledge
This position is at Arizona Electric Power Cooperatives corporate headquarters in Benson.
In addition, we offer an attractive compensation/benefits package.
Applications must be received no later than end of the day on Wednesday, February 20, 2019
Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide a drug-free work environment.
About this company
We are Member-owned, not-for-profit electric generation and transmission (G&T) cooperatives. Working together, our employees fulfill the joint mission of providing reliable, affordable power to electric coops across the Southwest.
Arizona G&T Cooperatives provide power to more than 160,000 electric meters and 400,000 people in Arizona, California and New Mexico through six Class A Member distribution cooperatives. One of 63 G&T electric coops in the nation, we own and operate Apache Generating Station near Cochise, east of Benson. The plant has a combined gross generating capacity of 605 megawatts. We also purchase power to meet member energy needs during peak summer energy use.
Our transmission system operates and maintains more than 622 miles of electric power transmission line and 27 substations reaching out from our Apache Generating Station, across Arizona to the northwestern corner of the state. We also operate more than 30 telecommunications towers used for phone and data relay services by our member cooperatives and customers.
On March 1, 2016, Southwest Transmission Cooperative merged into Arizona Electric Power Cooperative (AEPCO). Sierra Southwest Cooperative Services Inc. is dedicated to serving as a vehicle to meet the renewable energy needs of our Members. AEPCO and Sierra operate under the banner of Arizona G&T Cooperatives.
We are members of Touchstone Energy®, a national alliance of more than 750 independently owned electric coops in 47 states. Touchstone Energy members agree to provide high standards of service to customers and maintain a strong commitment to the brand’s promise of integrity, accountability, innovation and commitment to community.
Arizona G&T Cooperatives is one of the largest employers in Cochise County, employing more than 230 people, mostly in the Benson and Cochise, Arizona, area. Career opportunities include power plant workers, transmission linemen, engineers and environmental services experts.
Location/Region: Benson, AZ