Implement the TUSD Comprehensive Competency Based Guidance (CCBG) program/American School
Counselor Association National Model. As a member of the Guidance and Counseling staff, the counselor is to provide a CCBG program for all students at the site. The counselor provides activities to meet the needs of the students, consult with teachers, staff and parents to enhance their effectiveness in helping students, and provides support to other educational programs.
- Masters degree in School Guidance and Counseling or a related field.
- Arizona School Guidance and Counseling Certificate.
- Arizona IVP fingerprint clearance card.
- Arizona Teacher’s Certification.
- Three years experience as a Teacher.
- Three years experience as a School Counselor.
- Demonstrated success in engaging African American and Latino students
- Bilingual (Spanish) endorsement
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS AFTER HIRE
Proof of immunity to rubeola (measles) and rubella (German measles), or proof of MMR immunization.
AZ Driver’s License required within ten days of hire.
About this company
Tucson Unified School District (TUSD) is the largest school district of Tucson, Arizona, in terms of enrollment. Dr. Gabriel Trujillo is the superintendent, appointed on September 12, 2017 by the Governing Board. As of 2016, TUSD had more than 47,670 students.
Location/Region: Tucson, AZ