Plant Foreman is responsible for coordinating and leading Granite’s aggregate plant operations. Areas of focus and responsibility include but are not limited to: production, safety, quality, repair, health, maintenance, and environmental compliance.
Specific job duties include managing repair and maintenance, coordinating aggregate production to meet internal and external customer demand, ordering parts and supplies, and daily safety and production reporting. The Foreman is responsible for maintaining material quality and inventory levels to meet sales demand. This position may require that the Foreman occasionally operate mobile and/or plant equipment, as well as participating in plant repairs. Foreman is responsible for schedule coordination with sales, operations, and administrative staffs.
The Foreman will be required to maintain a safe, clean, and environmentally compliant operation. A strong background in aggregate plant operations and proactive maintenance / repair skills are needed to be successful in this role. This position requires the ability to work safely and efficiently in a multi-tasking environment. Hands-on experience and knowledge of crushers, screens, wand wash plants is required.
- Coordinates tasks according to priorities and plans.
- Allocates general and daily responsibilities.
- Supervises, coordinates, and monitors plant activities to include the maintenance of equipment.
- Supports and assists personnel in achieving timely and efficient production schedules.
- Ensures manpower and resources are adequate
- Ensures conformance with policies and procedures, safety regulations, and local, State and Federal laws and regulations.
- Ensures proper documentation of operations activities in logs and/or incident reports.
- Proactively manages equipment, personnel, and other operational costs.
- Teach and develop craft employees to promote understanding of safety and aggregate processing.
- Five or more years of experience in aggregate operations with understanding of mineral processing equipment such as crushers, screen, conveyors and mobile equipment. MUST have strong understanding of aggregate washing systems.
- Have time management skills, the ability to prioritize, delegate and manage multiple tasks.
- Must understand preventive maintenance that must be performed to minimize unplanned downtime.
- Proficient in computer tasks and email. Must demonstrate ability to learn Granite’s safety, timekeeping, and reporting systems.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Problem solving abilities.
- Prior leadership experience is a plus!
About this company
We believe great ideas are born from great partnerships. From the largest, most complex infrastructure projects to the smallest construction jobs, from transportation to power to water projects, we’re putting our commitment to collaboration to work. As one of the nation’s largest diversified infrastructure providers and construction materials producers, we strive to provide our customers with the highest standards of quality, safety and service. We believe that when committed people work together, you generate more value at every level and build a better world for everyone.