Education and Experience:
- Vocational or specialized training and 3-12 months experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Clean MVR, current valid driver's license and proof of auto insurance.
Performs major and minor maintenance tasks on tractors and trailers. Performs maintenance and repairs on facilities as assigned to assure the highest standards of customer service, appearance, cleanliness and safety are met at all times.
- Performs preventive maintenance and repair procedures on trucks and their equipment (including brakes and tires) to ensure safe and proper operation.
- Performs preventive maintenance and repair procedures on facility maintenance equipment.
- Completes all assignments and work projects that have been assigned by your supervisor. Including brakes and tires.
- Uses hand tools, power tools and pressure washers to repair and maintain equipment.
- Practices preventative safety procedures to maintain an accident free workplace. Responds appropriately to emergency situations and reports all accidents.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of department practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of and skill in using a computer.
- Mathematical skill to add, subtract, multiply, or divide numbers for balancing or compiling figures.
- Skill in operating various office equipment, such as personal computer, calculator, facsimile, and copy machine.
- Written communication skill to compose letters, memos, and basic reports.
- Oral communication skill to communicate with customers, co-workers, and business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Interpersonal communication skill to work effectively with others in order to coordinate activities and arrive at mutual decisions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service by answering questions, providing accurate information, and responding to requests on a timely basis.
- Ability to provide support to other employees by providing them with accurate information and responding to requests on a timely basis.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and coordinate various activities simultaneously.
- Ability to plan and schedule activities over the course of a month including identification of resources, implementation, monitoring, and follow-up activities.
- Ability to identify, define, and solve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to work effectively with general supervisory guidance. Operating guidelines, standard procedures, or written manuals are utilized.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to see to use hand and/or power tools.
- Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with co-workers.
- Must be able to express and exchange ideas by means of spoken words.
- Must be able to sit for limited periods of time.
- Must be able to stand use hand and/or power tools. Must maintain mobility to perform duties inside and outside of buildings. Must be able to work off a step ladder.
- Must be able to bend, reach, or stoop to use hand and/or power tools.
- Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: Heavy physical effort up to 100 pounds.
- Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Major portions of daily work require application of manual skills involving motor coordination and finger dexterity.
- Work is typically performed in a garage, warehouse, or outside on company grounds.
- Light exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals
- Moderate exposure to extreme heat and cold, moving mechanical parts, high and unstable places, loud noise, and bright or dim lighting.
- Moderate to heavy exposure to outdoor weather conditions including wind, rain, and extreme heat.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!
At Andeavor, our employees share an entrepreneurial spirit and a commitment to excellence that sets us apart from other companies in our industry. Our leaders welcome new ideas, encourage diverse perspectives and foster a collaborative team environment designed to optimize business performance while enhancing individual skills. Our High-Performing Culture is demonstrated daily by employees, both inside and outside the office.
Location/Region: Tucson, AZ (US)