The American Board of Radiology (ABR) is an independent, not-for-profit organization and is one of 24 national medical specialty boards that make up the American Board of Medical Specialties. We were founded to protect the public by assessing and certifying doctors who meet specific educational, training, and professional requirements.
The ABR is seeking an Exam Developer to join its Exam Services Department. The Exam Developer is critical to assisting the ABR produce high quality, relevant and fair exams for physicians and medical physicists seeking certification in radiology related fields. This position is part project manager, part administrative professional, and part volunteer coordinator. Don’t worry if some of the job duties below look unfamiliar. All of our Exam Developers joined our team with no specific exam developing experience. If you are organized, driven to exceed expectations, enjoy managing projects, and like working with a variety of personalities, this might be the perfect position for you!
We offer an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package including:
· Competitive pay DOE
· Employer sponsored Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
· Employee sponsored Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability
· Suite of voluntary insurance benefits
· 401K with employer match
· Generous Paid Time Off and Sick Time
· Employee Assistance Program
JOB DUTIES including but not limited to:
· Coordinate aspects of test development, including blueprint development, item writing, revision, formatting of images and text, item database entry and maintenance, assembly of exam forms, administration of computerized exams, scoring processes, and entry of statistics into the data base.
· Coordinate, organize and facilitate meetings (webinar and face-to-face) with committees of volunteer content experts to create and review exam contents.
· Document, record and ensure accurate implementation of meeting decisions.
· Support volunteers by providing guidance, specific instructions and feedback on their efforts.
· Maintain and coordinate a schedule of contact with volunteer committee members to assure timely accomplishment of required tasks.
· Use sophisticated and propriety software for exam development.
· Support efforts of ABR Trustees who are responsible for exam validity with appropriate and timely provision of data and interpretations.
· Coordinate effectively and efficiently with Editorial, Digital Imaging, Administrative and Information Technology departments.
· Travel (approximately 15%) and occasional weekend work required (most commonly to Chicago). Some travel will be for extended trips, up to two weeks.
· Bachelor’s Degree Psychology/Education or related field preferred
· Experience with program coordination and/or program management
· Excellent communication and organizational skills
· Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Word and Excel skills
· Experience with educational or psychological testing preferred
· Experience with medical terminology preferred
We participate in the E-Verify program.
Visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify for more information.