WE HAVE IMMEDIATE JOB OPENINGS!!!
WE CAN PUT YOU TO WORK TODAY!!!
OPPORTUNITY FOR ADVANCEMENT
- HEALTH INSURANCE
- VISION INSURANCE
- DENTAL INSURANCE
- PAID TIME OFF
- BONUS PROGRAM
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The Carpenter shapes, fastens, and constructs wooden structures using appropriate technologies, tools, and equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reads, studies, and analyzes plans and diagrams, with the help of the foreman, to fully understand the layout and to determine the dimensions of the structure or form to be constructed.
- Judges the quality of materials and services to ensure quality of work.
- Ensures that grade and elevation are exactly according to plans.
- Assembles and fastens material together to construct wood or metal framework of structure, using bolts, nails, or screws.
- Anchors and braces forms and other structures in place, using nails, bolts, anchor rods, steel cables, planks, wedges, and timbers, or other forms of attachments.
- Accurately erects forms, framework, scaffolds, hoists, roof supports, or chutes, using hand tools, plumb rule, and level.
- Fabricates, assembles, and/or dissembles parts by hand or by woodworking and metalworking machines.
- Climbs ladders, concrete formwork, or any other structures necessary to erect formwork and access elevated areas.
- Builds and Installs wall and column forms
- Builds and installs structural deck forms
- Sets slab on grade forms
- Preps and sets tilt up/precast forms
- Uses basic carpentry and concrete fabrication techniques.
- Installs form footings
- Applies adhesives, caulking, sealants, or coatings.
- Digs holes or trenches for foundations, posts, poles, or related items.
- Cuts, shapes, fits, or joins wood or other construction materials.
- Cuts or saws boards, timbers, or plywood to required dimension, using handsaw, power saw, or woodworking machine.
- Marks reference points or cutting lines on work pieces, and measures materials or distances, using pencil, scriber, chalk box, square, measuring tape, and/or rule to lay out work.
- Assist in pouring of vertical concrete.
- Install re-shores per instructions.
- Ability to quickly learn and assist in; vertical installations and removal, framing and decking operations, pouring of vertical concrete, distinguishing between different types of material and equipment.
- Perform general construction labor to include jobsite clean-up and moving of materials by hand.
- Produce high quality work, safely and productively at all times.
- Look for opportunities for improvement in all tasks, means and methods regarding the work and be willing to learn from others and continually seek opportunities to share knowledge and teach others.
- Provide feedback to ensure all materials, tools, equipment and information is available for the work.
- Operating motorized equipment including power tools, saws, hammers, nails, and bolts.
- Regular, timely, and predictable attendance is required for this position.
- Solid and thorough understanding of various tools and components of systems
- Understands plans and shop drawings and how to translate and relay information to others.
- Thorough understanding in reading, interpreting, and processing shop drawings, plans, specifications and other documents is required.
- Ability to identify proper tools for specific functions.
- Ability to listen and follow directions.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to be responsible for the health and safety of others by working safely.
- Ability to adhere to strict quality control measures.
- Ability to understand and capture safety concerns and issues for team members.
- Required to be exact or highly accurate and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to read and understand a tape measure and/or other measuring devices.
- Read a tape measure.
- High proficiency in all related trade mathematics
- Operates vehicles, mechanized devices, and/or equipment as required and if certified.
- Performs safety inspections as necessary per direction from supervisor.
- Adheres to and performs functions according to company and OSHA safety guidelines.
- Performs other duties as determined and required by project need.
- Ability to follow verbal directions, implement changes, and monitor material and equipment usage.
- Maintain positive working relationships with all members of the crew.
- Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in different formwork and systems, concrete placement and removal, and concrete finishing (if necessary).
- Must be OSHA 30 certified.
- Must have a good understanding of concrete and concrete tolerances.
- Must have the ability to prioritize several tasks at any given time.
- Must have excellent organization skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must have the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to work under stressful situations.
- Must be able to develop and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in course of work activities.
- Must be able to remain calm and professional in emotionally charged situations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling up to 50 pounds of material and up to 90 pounds of material with assistance, if requested.
- Frequently walking, stooping, kneeling, reaching and climbing.
- Climb and maintain balance on steel/wood framework, stairs, ladders and scaffolds.
- Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis.
- Move in and around confined, cluttered and uneven areas.
- May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist on a frequent basis.
- Work up to a 12 hour shift doing hard physical work in varying temperatures and outside conditions.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to; work boots, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, hardhat, vest, etc.)
- Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures
- Must be able to lift heavy objects in awkward positions that require flexible range of motion.
- Ability to work during inclement weather, could be exposed to extreme cold and heat, noise and dust from construction operations depending upon project site.
- Work requires alert individuals with good balance and physical strength.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Planning/Organizing. The individual prioritizes and plans work activities. This person needs to be very well organized and systematic towards the work.
- Knowledge. The individual needs to have a thorough and deep knowledge about construction activities and all the functions.
- Communication. The individual needs to be an excellent communicator, both verbally and written.
- Interpersonal Relationships. The individual should have good interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain good relationships with the crew, the client, vendors, and other subcontractors.
- Problem Solving. The individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Quality Control. The individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, monitors their crews work to ensure quality, and applies feedback to improve performance.
- Quantity. The individual meets productivity standards and completes work in a timely manner.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works under immediate supervision
- Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
- Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Hardrock is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
Hardrock Concrete Placement Co., Inc. is a full service commercial concrete subcontractor established in 1989. Since inception we have become a leader in the Southwest's commercial concrete industry. We are a privately held company servicing the Southwest with offices located in Phoenix, Tucson, and Albuquerque.
Our financial strength, stability, and reputation have cemented our prominence in the industry allowing us to provide a bonding capacity for large projects offered by few subcontractors.
We pride ourselves in providing the highest quality construction and superior customer service. A testament to our commitment is evidenced by our high percentage of return clients, over 90%. We are consistently the concrete subcontractor of choice with many of our clients.
As a prominent player in the concrete industry, Hardrock has adopted progressive concrete techniques and remains a production leader by successfully constructing complex projects across a broad spectrum of building categories.
Location/Region: Tucson, AZ (US)