This is an exciting opportunity to join a company that works with Federal contractors and has positions open throughout the country. Currently, we have a 5 year project located in Tucson and surrounding areas. If you are interested, please read below and apply today as the position will be filled soon.
Position: Construction Project Manager
Employment Category: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
PSI is currently seeking an experienced Construction Project Manager to plan and supervise a wide range of construction projects from start to finish. You will organize and oversee construction procedures and ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner. An excellent Construction Project Manager must be well-versed in all construction methodologies and procedures and able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results. The ideal candidate will have an analytical mind and great organizational skills. The goal will be to ensure all projects are delivered on time according to requirements and without exceeding budget.
Essential skills include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor the progress of Construction Projects within the assigned geographical boundaries to ensure that the work is proceeding according to schedule.
- Able to oversee the building operations and maintenance personnel.
- Able to monitor and evaluate performance of major building systems including HVAC, electrical, water distribution and fire life safety.
- Effectively adjust performance systems as necessary to improve building energy and water efficiency and maintain proper indoor air quality.
- Ability to oversee trouble-shooting of equipment system and building levels to ensure compliance with laws and regulations.
- Effectively manage building automation systems (BAS) and computerized maintenance management systems (CCMS) to enable proactive or predictive maintenance, establish control strategies, and align operations and financial management.
- Able to manage and evaluate building structures, equipment and maintenance of building structures and permanent interior elements.
- Able to manage and maintain grounds and exterior structures such as parking lots, site utilities, landscaping and grounds, snow removal, and exterior building maintenance.
- Securely manage and maintenance and custodial needs of grounds and exterior elements.
- Effectively plan, organize workload and schedule time to meet the demands of the position.
- Work in a cooperative and professional manner with PSI staff and onsite staff.
- Utilize effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Abide by the PSI policies, procedures, and structure.
- Attend meetings, events and other functions as required.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete and abstract variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- At least 5 years of construction or project management experience.
- Ability to work out in the field and in an office environment.
- Ability to establish temporary field offices such as, setting up job files, working folders, and record keeping systems.
- Must have a vehicle and maintain a current insurable driver's license.
- Qualified applicant must be able to pass a background check.
- Knowledge and use of construction equipment and tools.
- Prior OSHA Compliance and CADD training preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of individuals.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced work environment.
- Must be able to climb ladders, regularly lift weights up to 100 pounds, and work in a physically demanding environment.
- Must pass a pre-employment background check, and drug test.
- Security clearance will be required.
· 3-5 years’ experience of relevant construction management
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Position operates during regular business hours. Occasional evening and weekend work/call back time may be required as job duties demand.
Local travel to GSA managed Federal Buildings will be require
Project Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, women, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans and minorities are encouraged to apply.
The above is intended to be an overview of the position and not meant to be all inclusive.