Director - Facilities Support Services
Position begins July 1, 2019.
The first review of applicants will be the last week of February, 2019.
Work involves responsibility for planning, organizing and directing personnel in operation of the district’s maintenance areas including, but not limited to carpentry, cabinets, paint, maintenance, lock-smithing, welding, HVAC, electric and plumbing. The Director - FSS is required to be visible in the field, have an ability to work independently, build/maintain effective relationships, and maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
- High School diploma or GED
- Two years of college with coursework related to contracting, construction, building maintenance, project management, job site and field supervision or the equivalent.
- Journeyman trades certification.
- Five years of supervisory experience, with at least two years of experience in operational support or construction management.
- Must possess a valid AZ driver’s license.
- Equivalent combination of education/training/experience.
- Prior relevant experience in an educational institution.
- Performs major role in the development, execution, and control of methods, systems or procedures which are designed to increase overall effectiveness of departmental operations.
- Represents the Executive Manager of Operational Support as required.
- Acts as point of contact for On-Call personnel.
- Available to travel, attend and actively participate in district and non-district meetings as required.
- Plans and coordinates departmental operations with appropriate personnel and other agencies.
- Plans and coordinates work with outside vendors.
- Sets priorities for work assignments, maintains job logs, and prepares accounting for completed work.
- Meets regularly with clerical, professional staff, and administrative representatives to discuss and make recommendations regarding policy and procedure improvements.
- Responsible for adequate staffing of department positions and completing performance evaluations.
- Responsible for orienting departmental personnel regarding (1) the district facilities; (2) the location and condition of equipment and supplies; (3) emergency procedures related to district facilities.
- Responsible for staff training and development to include successorship planning and development.
- Manages District’s Capital Planning process and maintains facility condition and assessment data for developing capital renovations and replacement.
- Is familiar and complies with government regulations such as building codes, OSHA requirements, fire safety, water quality, gas line safety, hazardous materials, confined space, etc.
- Inspects construction and repair work for quality of workmanship, district standards and compliance with approved plans.
- Estimates labor and material costs. Prepares itemized cost sheets for proposed building construction, repair or modification.
- Participates in the development of the annual division budget and completes work within its parameters.
- Promotes and supports district wide educational advancement in 21st Century skills
- Integrates knowledge and skills that are relevant to the 21st Century
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
About this company
Amphi Public Schools offers a great working environment and strong traditions that provide unique experiences in the workplace. We look for dedicated support staff, teachers and administrators that are committed to student learning and excellence in education.
Location/Region: Tucson, AZ