SUCCEED WHERE YOU HAVE THE POWER!
Arizona G&T Cooperatives
CEM/Lab Instrument Technician
Starting Salary: $38.84/ hour
To plan, direct, and conduct the inspection, dismantle, diagnosis and repair of all instrument and electronic control equipment associated with steam-gas turbine generating units.
- High school diploma or recognized equivalent.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the theory and practical application of electronic, pneumatic and electric control systems, including knowledge of the electrician’s trade and a basic understanding of power generation principles.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of standard practices, materials, tools and equipment in all phases of instrumentation and control systems for power plant operation or other industrial plants.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the installation and use of instruments and tools for testing, maintenance and repair of all types of power plant instrumentation equipment.
- Ability to work from prints, drawings and instruction manuals to test and trace out electronics, electrical and pneumatic circuits and systems and make necessary adjustments and repairs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of PC’s, PLC programming and maintenance, DCS and DAS systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of EPA Rules and Regulations for CEMS and CEM Maintenance.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Water Lab instrumentation and analyzing equipment, including water treatment equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the theory, operation and maintenance of gas sampling analyzers, optical smoke and dust monitors and gas dilution systems.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations as related to general scope of trade.
- Satisfactory completion of respirator certification.
This position is located at our Power Plant in Cochise, AZ.
In addition, we offer an attractive compensation/benefits package. To apply for this position please visit www.azgt.applicantpro.com. All applications must be received no later than the end of the day on Friday, January 25, 2019. For more information, visit our Web site at: www.azgt.coop.
Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide a drug-free work
About this company
We are Member-owned, not-for-profit electric generation and transmission (G&T) cooperatives. Working together, our employees fulfill the joint mission of providing reliable, affordable power to electric coops across the Southwest.
Arizona G&T Cooperatives provide power to more than 160,000 electric meters and 400,000 people in Arizona, California and New Mexico through six Class A Member distribution cooperatives. One of 63 G&T electric coops in the nation, we own and operate Apache Generating Station near Cochise, east of Benson. The plant has a combined gross generating capacity of 605 megawatts. We also purchase power to meet member energy needs during peak summer energy use.
Our transmission system operates and maintains more than 622 miles of electric power transmission line and 27 substations reaching out from our Apache Generating Station, across Arizona to the northwestern corner of the state. We also operate more than 30 telecommunications towers used for phone and data relay services by our member cooperatives and customers.
On March 1, 2016, Southwest Transmission Cooperative merged into Arizona Electric Power Cooperative (AEPCO). Sierra Southwest Cooperative Services Inc. is dedicated to serving as a vehicle to meet the renewable energy needs of our Members. AEPCO and Sierra operate under the banner of Arizona G&T Cooperatives.
We are members of Touchstone Energy®, a national alliance of more than 750 independently owned electric coops in 47 states. Touchstone Energy members agree to provide high standards of service to customers and maintain a strong commitment to the brand’s promise of integrity, accountability, innovation and commitment to community.
Arizona G&T Cooperatives is one of the largest employers in Cochise County, employing more than 230 people, mostly in the Benson and Cochise, Arizona, area. Career opportunities include power plant workers, transmission linemen, engineers and environmental services experts.
Location/Region: Cochise, AZ