4704 – ITD – Service Support Analyst – Senior
(Job# 2019 - 01434)
This position is in the Information Technology Department.
Salary Grade: 56
Analyzes and coordinates knowledge management components of the service desk to ensure Pima County's Information Technology Department continuously meets or exceeds the service requirements of its customer base.
(Work assignments may vary depending on the department's needs and will be communicated to the applicant or incumbent by the supervisor.)
Project manages and mentors other staff;
Develops tactical and short-range service desk and/or IT support component plans and participates in strategic and long-range project planning;
Develops project goals, objectives, policies and procedures and establishes short- and long-range project performance plans subject to management review;
Manages and administers project activities and evaluates project effectiveness and success;
Develops, negotiates, monitors, and administers contracts, intergovernmental agreements, and/or service agreements for the project managed;
Monitors project contract compliance and takes corrective action as required;
Performs as a project representative within the community (internal or external to the county), delivers informational news releases, serves as a project contact person and participates in community awareness activities;
Reviews and analyzes routine and special reports detailing the status or success of component service levels and project efforts (e.g., implementation of a county wide ITD change management project).
May supervise and evaluate assigned staff;
Analyzes, evaluates and coordinates resolution and implementation of specific service desk support components within service desk and IT support environment;
Leads development of service desk and/or IT support components to enhance service delivery to customer base.
Administration and Operational Environment Support
Plans, organizes and coordinates the activities of service desk and/or IT support component functions;
Leads service delivery of specific service desk and/or IT support components;
Develops, implements and monitors service desk and/or IT support standards and procedures;
Develops and documents processes to improve efficiencies and structure;
Coordinates and participates in the planning, development, installation and maintenance of service desk and/or IT support components;
Provides technical support and consultation to customers and IT staff on all aspects of the service desk environment;
Develops and maintains effective working relationships with customers;
Trains other IT staff in procedures and processes of newly implemented components and provides follow-up and continuing training;
Informs customers and IT staff of all component modifications and refinements.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- desktop or other operating systems and affiliated software components, services, protocols and technologies, to include office automation applications (e.g., Excel, Visio, Word, PowerPoint) and other vendor commercial applications interfaced into client computing and communications environment; or
- wireless communications equipment such as fixed, portable and mobile radio devices, dispatch console equipment, as well as related radio system and remote site control equipment;
- techniques and principles of effective teamwork and continuous improvement methods;
- wireless, voice and data services devices and data synchronization applications;
- IT Infrastructure Library for the Incident, Problem Configuration Management environment;
- principles and techniques of effective communication to include written composition and public speaking;
- principles and practices of staff supervision, evaluation and training;
- automated information systems use within a customer and or public service environment.
- organizing workload, being proactive and progressing multiple tasks andcustomer requests simultaneously with minimal supervision and direction;
- researching, analyzing and reporting data;
- written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills in a customer service driven environment;
- presenting, explaining and interpreting service level agreements and project goals, objectives, policies and procedures to customer segments (internal and external to county);
- writing procedures and work instructions;
- adhering to production processes and service level agreements;
- adapting to change and learning disparate technology processes within the environment;
- operating as a member of a team;
- coordinating and communicating with customers/vendors.
(1) A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college, university or technical trade school with a major in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems (MIS), or a closely related field as determined by the appointing authority at the time of recruitment and four years of work experience providing support for the maintenance/administration of client computing and/or communications hardware and/or software infrastructure:
(2) An Associate's degree from an accredited college, university or technical trade school in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems (MIS), or a closely related field as determined by the appointing authority at the time of recruitment and six years of work experience providing support for the maintenance/administration of client computing and/or communications hardware and/or software infrastructure.
(Additional relevant work experience and/or education from an accredited college, university or technical trade school may be substituted.)
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the "Education" and "Work Experience" sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write "see resume" on your application.
Preferred Qualifications (Be specific in describing your experience in your application. Ensure the descriptions provided illustrate your competencies, specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications.):
- Two (2) or more years of experience leading a computing support team(s).
- Two (2) or more years of experience and demonstrable knowledge with management of Microsoft Active Directory user and computer objects.
- Two (2) or more years of experience and demonstrable knowledge supporting end-user email to include experience managing different Microsoft Exchange Objects. Must include management and troubleshooting various Email Client(s) - Outlook, OWA and Active Sync.
- Three (3) or more years of experience providing Tier 1 and/or Tier 2 support for applications, computers and/or communications systems.
- Three (3) years or more of experience and demonstrable knowledge troubleshooting Client Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows 8 & 8.1, Windows 10 (MTA or A+ certifications a plus).
- Three (3) years or more of experience installing and troubleshooting approved applications on remote PCs using remote access tools such as remote desktop.
- Two (2) or more years of experience in development and delivery of process improvement as related to Tier 1/2 support.
- Two (2) years of experience and demonstrable knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools: (CMS, CCMP certifications a plus).
Pima County Human Resources Department reserves the right to admit to the selection process only those candidates that meet the minimum/desired qualifications. All applications will be assessed based on an evaluation of the listed education and experience. Candidates meeting the minimum/desired qualifications may be further evaluated/scored against any advertised Preferred Qualifications. The hiring authority will interview and select the successful candidate from a referral list provided by Human Resources. Additional assessments/testing may be required as part of the selection process.
Licenses and Certificates: Some positions may require appropriate licenses or certifications at time of appointment or within a specified timeframe (e.g., ITIL). Valid driver license is required at time of application. Valid AZ driver license is required at time of appointment. The successful applicant will be subject to a 39-month DOT Motor Vehicle Record review to determine applicant's suitability to operate county vehicles in accordance with Pima County administrative procedures. Failure to obtain and maintain the required licenses and certifications shall be grounds for termination. Any offer of employment resulting from this recruitment is contingent upon Risk Management's review and approval of the candidate's driving record.
Special Notice Items: Some positions will be required to work rotating shifts which includes days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays. Some positions may require the mandatory use of a headset while on duty. Some positions may require satisfactory completion of a personal background investigation, polygraph examination and/or pre-/post appointment drug-testing by law enforcement agencies due to need for access to law enforcement, corrections or court facilities, property and associated confidential and sensitive information, documents, communications and data base systems.
Physical/Sensory Requirements: Some positions require lifting equipment, climbing, working on towers, elevated or below grade platforms. All positions require the ability to identify industry standard color-coding of electrical wiring and components. Additional physical and sensory abilities will be determined by position.
CLOSING DATE: Fri. 01/18/19 11:59 PM Arizona Time
When applying to this position, please note the Job Number is 2018 - 01434.
About this company
The Human Resources Department partners with clients to recruit and retain a highly committed, highly competent, and results-oriented workforce by leading Pima County in the acquisition, maintenance, development and measurement of its human assets and by providing various employment-related services and activities. Services include: Recruitment and Selection, Classification and Compensation, E-Verify®, Personnel Records, Employment Rights, ADA Administration, FMLA Administration, Employee Benefits and Wellness, Management Training, Performance Management, HIPAA / Privacy Practices and Federal, State and local labor reporting.
Location/Region: Tucson, AZ