Database Administrator (DBA)
(4740 – IT – Applications Developer)
(Job# 2019 - 01440)
This position is in the Information Technology Department.
Salary Grade: 56
We are seeking a self-motivated, thorough, disciplined and perceptive individual to serve in the role of Database Administrator for the Pima County Information Technology Department (ITD). In applying for this position, pay particular attention to the description that follows and to the preferred qualifications at the end of this posting, addressing each qualification in your application. This person will have experience in database administration tasks, such as creating and maintaining SQL code, creating and maintaining SQL databases, writing Powershell scripts and monitoring database performance. The role involves close cooperation and coordination with application system project teams, so interpersonal skills are important. We offer an opportunity to utilize your skills, build new ones, work in a team environment and advance your career. You bring enthusiasm, professionalism and a desire to get better every day, as well as to make a difference in your community by supporting the mission of Pima County Government.
(Work assignments may vary depending on the department's needs and will be communicated to the applicant or incumbent by the supervisor.)
Responsible for day-to-day support of application systems;
Evaluates alternative delivery mechanisms to satisfy customer requests;
Provides independent technical and analytical support on specific application systems involving the design, development, construction, implementation and on-going support of systems, processes and methods;
Designs, configures, installs, tests and monitors diverse software applications for Pima County departments;
Troubleshoots assigned application systems and provides user support and problem resolution;
Resolves user problems with application systems;
Develops program enhancement designs;
Performs unit testing and participates in system testing and associated validations of business applications;
Develops documentation for programs, test plans, and validation protocols;
Performs research and analysis relevant to assigned area of responsibility;
Assists in defining the applications systems environment procedures and practices;
Communicates information to and between the user community and other IT resources;
Creates and updates system documentation;
Captures and records actions taken in service desk management system per service desk procedures;
Provides backup service desk application systems phone support.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- programming languages and associated web application development tools applicable to area of assignment;
- end user office, programming and email tools;
- software development and applications programming applicable to area of assignment;
- principles and techniques of systems analysis;
- development and maintenance of data communications, security and privacy measures;
- industry security standards and procedures;
- IT Infrastructure Library for the Incident and Problem Management environment.
- sorting, finding and filtering messages, setting rules, sharing contact information, creating custom forms, working with permissions and working with journals;
- creating moderately complex documents and spreadsheets containing tables and graphs, and ability to mail merge documents, apply page setup functions (margins, page numbers, footers, headers), create an index and/or table of contents, use search and replace, print labels and envelopes;
- ability to create a form, add form headers and footers, change page layouts, create reports from a table and create mailing labels;
- organizing workload, being proactive and managing a wide variety of customer requests simultaneously;
- written and verbal communications;
- writing procedures and work instructions;
- operating as a member of a team;
- employing quality skill sets and diagnostic tools;
- understanding client application, business requirements and concepts;
- communicating with internal and external customers/vendors;
- employing diagnostic, analytical and conceptual skills with detailed orientation.
Six months of experience driving, operating and performing operator-level maintenance and servicing of mobile vans or self-contained recreational vehicles of at least GVWR 20,000 pounds and 20 feet or more in length.
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the "Education" and "Work Experience" sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write "see resume" on your application.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (Be specific in describing your experience in your application. Ensure the descriptions provided illustrate your competencies, specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications.):
- Work experience operating and maintaining a mobile health unit or recreational vehicle.
- Experience working in a position that requires flexible days and hours.
Pima County Human Resources Department reserves the right to admit to the selection process only those candidates that meet the minimum/desired qualifications. All applications will be assessed based on an evaluation of the listed education and experience. Candidates meeting the minimum/desired qualifications may be further evaluated/scored against any advertised Preferred Qualifications. The hiring authority will interview and select the successful candidate from a referral list provided by Human Resources. Additional assessments/testing may be required as part of the selection process.
Licenses and Certificates: Some positions may require appropriate licenses or certifications at time of appointment or within a specified timeframe, e.g., Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS). Valid driver license is required at time of application. Valid AZ driver license is required at time of appointment. The successful applicant will be subject to a 39-month DOT Motor Vehicle Record review to determine applicant's suitability to operate county vehicles in accordance with Pima County administrative procedures. Failure to obtain and maintain the required licenses and certifications shall be grounds for termination. Any offer of employment resulting from this recruitment is contingent upon Risk Management's review and approval of the candidate's driving record.
Special Notice Items: Some positions may require satisfactory completion of a personal background investigation, polygraph examination and/or pre-/post appointment drug-testing by law enforcement agencies due to the need for access to law enforcement, corrections or court facilities, property and associated confidential and sensitive information, documents, communications and data base systems.
Physical/Sensory Requirements: Some positions require lifting equipment, climbing, working on towers, elevated or below grade platforms. All positions require the ability to identify industry standard color-coding of electrical wiring and components. Other physical and sensory abilities will be determined by position.
CLOSING DATE: Fri. 01/18/19 11:59 PM Arizona Time
When applying to this position, please note the Job Number is 2018 - 01440.
About this company
The Human Resources Department partners with clients to recruit and retain a highly committed, highly competent, and results-oriented workforce by leading Pima County in the acquisition, maintenance, development and measurement of its human assets and by providing various employment-related services and activities. Services include: Recruitment and Selection, Classification and Compensation, E-Verify®, Personnel Records, Employment Rights, ADA Administration, FMLA Administration, Employee Benefits and Wellness, Management Training, Performance Management, HIPAA / Privacy Practices and Federal, State and local labor reporting.
Location/Region: Tucson, AZ