These positions are responsible for the preparation and documentation of shipments and maintaining a clean and safe environment in the warehouse.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
LEVEL 1: WRAPPERS
- Operate sit-down forklift in a CAREFUL & SAFE manner
- Move pallets to pallet wrapper, wrap, and return to proper place in staging area
- Use pallet scale for each pallet & note weights on shippers
- Maintains a clean work area (mopping, trash pick up, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
LEVEL 2: PICKERS & PULLERS
- Ability to perform all of level 1
- Bundle shipments for UPS and FedEx
- Pull shipments and prepare for LTL carriers
- Stock and rotate finish goods
- Inventory Control
- Other duties as assigned etc.
LEVEL 3: CHECKERS
- Ability to perform all of levels 1 & 2
- Process UPS & FedEx orders
- Check pallets staged for shipment
- Enter shipment information into Computer
- Print manifests
- Forklift Experience
- Levels 1, 2, & 3 must have 2 yr experience operating a sit-down forklift
- Levels 2 & 3 must have 2 yr experience operating stand-up forklift/reach truck
- Physically active
- Able to lift 50 lbs. on a regular basis
- Able to move about continually in a fast-paced environment
- Levels 1, 2, & 3 must have High School education or equivalent
- Levels 1, 2, & 3 must possess basic math skills
- Levels 1, 2, & 3 must be able to speak, read, and write in English
- Level 3 must have 6 months experience in computer data entry or similar
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions & work requirements with little supervision
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain a good working relationship with co-workers and the general public.
This is a general description of the kinds of duties and responsibilities that are performed by employees who have this title. It shall not be construed as an all-inclusive determination of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. It is not intended in any way to limit the right of any manager or supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.
Intermountain staffing has more than 49 years of proven experience in providing solutions in staffing; light industrial, warehouse, production labor, clerical, non-clinical and hospital services. We pride ourselves on providing employers with solutions to their staffing needs 24 hours a day 7 days a week. We have 27 offices located in 8 States; mostly in the western half of the United States.
Our purpose is to partner with employees, clients, and the community to create opportunities for growth and mutual success. You can visit our website at www.intermountainstaffing.com to learn more about us.
Intermountain Staffing provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Inter mountain Staffing complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Location/Region: Tucson, AZ (US)