Location: Kingman, Arizona
LINES OF AUTHORITY: This position is supervised by the Director of Quality management and is overseen by the QM Coordinator on a daily basis. Unless specifically designated, this position does not supervise any other personnel.
POSITION SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to conduct audits in the areas of utilization review, utilization management, quality and risk management.
1. Conducts audit activities in Quality Management, Performance Improvement, Risk Management, Regulatory Compliance, and Utilization Management processes.
2. Assists in the oversight of agency compliance with all regulatory bodies.
3. Facilitate system functions through audit activities in assigned areas.
4. Facilitates the collection, trending, analysis and display of data, as assigned.
5. Coordinates external audits with MMHC's oversight agencies to include, but not limited to NARBHA, ADHS/DBHS, OBHL, Office of Human Rights, and Arizona Center for Disability Law.
6. Participates in performance improvement workgroups and activities, as assigned.
7. Act as a staff resource and develops and implements staff education in documentation of Quality Management, Risk Management, Performance Improvement, Regulatory Compliance, and Utilization Management processes.
8. Provide training to staff as indicated on areas of focus from job duties.
9. Direct involvement with MMHC's Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) activities.
10. Works well under pressure meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines.
11. Demonstrates cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Daily interaction with Quality Management Team.
- Frequent interaction with Mohave Mental Health Clinic, Inc. (MMHC) staff
- Minimum of weekly interaction with supervisor.
- Regular contact with clinical leadership.
- Occasional contact with regulatory bodies, as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master's degree with 2 years of clinical experience or Registered Nurse (RN) with two years clinical experience or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) with 3 years clinical experience or Bachelor's degree in a related behavioral health field with 4 years clinical experience.
- 21 years of age or over.
- Possess valid driver's license.
- Insurance clearance to drive clinic vehicles.
- Must be able to work flexible hours if needed.
- Experience in Quality Management, Billing coding, Risk Management, or Corporate Compliance.
- Background in auditing
- Experience in The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organization (JCAHO) outpatient Mental Health setting or Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Experience with CQI tools
- Experience with analyzing data
- Experience in the use of statistical analysis display tools
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal, facilitation and teaching skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Organization skills.
- Ability to analyze and present data.
- Computer skills.
- Ability to use CQI Tools.
- Able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Computer, telephone, fax machine, shredder, copier, printer, telemedicine equipment, video and audio equipment.
- Air conditioned and/or heated office setting
Mohave Mental Health Clinic, Inc., will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities, unless it would cause undue hardship. We define reasonable accommodation as any change in the work environment or in the way a job is performed that enables a person with a disability to enjoy equal employment opportunities. We will make a good faith effort to list any special requirements in our job descriptions.
Mohave Mental Health Clinic, Inc. (MMHC) was founded in May of 1968 as a private, not-for-profit corporation to seek, promote, assist and contribute to the improved mental health of the individuals, families, and communities in Mohave County. The agency operates outpatient clinics in Kingman, Bullhead City, and Lake Havasu City, with two group homes and a Level I Subacute Facility in Kingman as well.
The agency has evolved over the years in its scope of service delivery. Individuals eligible for Title XIX/XXI covered services are served under subcontract with Health Choice Integrated Care (HCIC) and Arizona Division of Health Services (ADHS) and are funded by AHCCCS (Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System). Services are targeted to provide and promote self-growth through individualized, goal-directed, client-centered treatment with competent and responsive clinicians in a caring continuum of services.
Mohave Mental Health Clinic, Inc’s mission is to improve, enhance and promote the emotional well-being of Mohave County residents who experience life-disrupting problems and to strengthen the quality of personal, family and community life.
Location/Region: Tucson, AZ (US)