Are you currently a sous chef in the Tucson area and looking for a better quality of life? Our client is a Life Plan Community for those age 55 and better that offers fine resort amenities and will have you on your way home by 8:30pm M-Sa and 3:30pm on Sundays! They offer amazing medical benefits, 401K participation plus matching immediately, a generous PTO plan and they even have dollars set aside for you additional health and wellness/cooking classes or gym annually.
This position is a working chef/supervisor that is responsible for the consistent production of meals in the restaurant(s) or event(s) within the community. The sous chef is the second in command in the kitchen and is required to manage the entire kitchen operation in the absence of the executive chef. This position must be familiar with all concepts, practices, standards, procedures, regulations, local, national and within the organization. The sous chef must have extensive experience and judgement to plan, accomplish goals, and lead and direct others. Creates meaningful moments in the lives of residents, visitors, and staff by demonstrating EMI eliminating my impossibilities.
- Culinary degree or the equivalent certification, such as ACF American Culinary Federation preferred
- Preferred previous supervision and management training education
- Required minimum 5 years of working experience preparing a variety of quality foods in varying quantities, advances knowledge, training, understanding of classic and current cooking methods, current health, nutritional and dietary knowledge based on the United States Dietary Guidelines 2015 – 2020.
- Able to make independent decisions as needed and to establish and maintain professional, positive relationships between production and service staff. Current sanitation certification and any other MLW, federal, state local requirements.
- Preferred: previous supervisory experience, computer skills.
- Must speak fluent English.
If this sounds like your dream job, send us your resume right away!
EOE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER