7150– Program Manager – Unclassified
(Clinic Services Manager)
(Job# 2018 - 01399)
Starting Salary: $54,100.80 annually
This position is in the Health Department. OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
Salary Grade: U3
This Bachelor's Degree Registered Nurse position is responsible for management of multiple clinical sites and professional nurses, maintaining clinical licensures in good standing, activity and data reporting and provides program support for Community Health Services Division of Pima County Health Department. This position reports directly to the division manager.
This classification is in the unclassified service and is exempt from the Pima County Merit System Rules.
(Work assignments may vary depending on the department's needs and will be communicated to the applicant or incumbent by the supervisor.)
Develops program goals, objectives, policies, and procedures, and establishes short- and long-range program performance plans subject to management review;
Manages and administers program activities and evaluates program effectiveness and success;
Manages the activities of professional staff and evaluates their performance;
Develops, negotiates, monitors, and administers contracts, intergovernmental agreements, and/or financial and service agreements for the program managed;
Monitors program contract compliance and takes corrective action as required;
Performs as a program representative within the community, delivers informational news releases, serves as a program contact person, and participates in community awareness activities;
Develops and maintains effective working relationships and coordinates program activities with other County departments, public and private agencies, organizations and groups to promote the program and its goals;
Analyzes local, state and federal legislation and ensures program compliance with applicable regulations and policies;
Directs organizational and management studies for the purpose of identifying problems and alternative solutions to the problems;
Develops, writes and administers the program's annual budget, prepares program-related financial forecasts, and identifies funding sources to support program activities;
Reviews and analyzes routine and special reports detailing the status and/or success of the program, prepares recommendations, and/or initiates corrective action;
Evaluates management problems and makes decisions regarding the proper course of action;
May make recommendations to the Board of Supervisors regarding program objectives;
May direct the preparation and submission of proposals and grant applications;
May access or maintain specialized databases containing program-specific information to review information or generate reports.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- principles and procedures of public administration, management, and program planning, development, and evaluation;
- applicable local, state and federal laws, rules, and regulations;
- principles and practices of budgeting, accounting, purchasing, contracting, and financial management;
- contract and grant application preparation, negotiation, and administration;
- community agencies, organizations, and resources;
- data and statistical analysis techniques and application to planning studies and projects;
- principles and techniques of effective communication to include written composition and public speaking;
- applications of automated information systems.
- planning, developing, evaluating, and managing programs and projects;
- preparing and administering budgets, grants, and contracts;
- researching, analyzing, and reporting data;
- presenting, explaining, and interpreting program goals, objectives, policies, and procedures to the public;
- managing staff and planning, organizing, and coordinating program activities;
- communicating effectively;
- establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with service groups and organizations;
- establishing, reviewing, and modifying procedural and technical guidelines to enhance program effectiveness;
- use of automated information systems to maintain or produce data.
A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with an academic major in nursing plus significant professional experience in management in a specified specialty area such as clinical nursing.
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the "Education" and "Work Experience" sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write "see resume" on your application.
PERFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (Be specific in describing your experience in your application. Ensure the descriptions provided illustrate your competencies, specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications.):
- A Bachelor's degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university with a valid and in good standing Arizona State Board of Nursing RN License.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience supervising/managing medical professionals and support staff within a clinic, and direct over-site of program operations.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in working in a Public Health setting providing services to diverse cultures and underserved-populations.
- Proficiency in/experience using computer software, including Microsoft Office Suite, electronic health records and various data collection tools.
Pima County Human Resources Department reserves the right to admit to the selection process only those candidates that meet the minimum/desired qualifications. All applications will be assessed based on an evaluation of the listed education and experience. Candidates meeting the minimum/desired qualifications may be further evaluated/scored against any advertised Preferred Qualifications. The hiring authority will interview and select the successful candidate from a referral list provided by Human Resources. Additional assessments/testing may be required as part of the selection process.
Licenses and Certificates: Possession of a current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Arizona. Some positions may require specific licenses, or certifications required by law, statute, accrediting agencies or contract provisions. Failure to obtain/maintain such licenses or certifications may be grounds for termination. Valid driver license is required at time of application. Valid AZ driver's license and access to a registered/insured vehicle for business travel is required (business mileage reimbursed) at time of appointment. The successful applicant will be subject to a 39-month DOT Motor Vehicle Record review to determine applicant's suitability to operate county vehicles in accordance with Pima County administrative procedures. Failure to obtain and maintain the required licenses and certifications shall be grounds for termination. Any offer of employment resulting from this recruitment is contingent upon Risk Management's review and approval of the candidate's driving record.
Special Notice Items: This is classification in the Unclassified-series and is exempt from the Merit System Rules. Some positions require satisfactory completion of a pre-/post-appointment personal background investigation by law enforcement agencies or other local, state or federal agencies.
Physical/Sensory Requirements: Pre-Employment physical may be required.
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
When applying to this position, please note the Job Number is 2018 - 01399.
About this company
The Human Resources Department partners with clients to recruit and retain a highly committed, highly competent, and results-oriented workforce by leading Pima County in the acquisition, maintenance, development and measurement of its human assets and by providing various employment-related services and activities. Services include: Recruitment and Selection, Classification and Compensation, E-Verify®, Personnel Records, Employment Rights, ADA Administration, FMLA Administration, Employee Benefits and Wellness, Management Training, Performance Management, HIPAA / Privacy Practices and Federal, State and local labor reporting.
Location/Region: Tucson, AZ