SUCCEED WHERE YOU HAVE THE POWER!
Arizona G&T Cooperatives
Auxiliary Operator I
Starting Salary: $26.70/ hour
Check and operate all coal, limestone, and fuel oil handling equipment. Work also includes supervised participation in the operation of other plant equipment located in the plant outside area as required.
- Working knowledge of all fuel handling equipment.
- Operating knowledge of control systems as related to the fuel handling equipment.
- Operating knowledge of electrical switches, relays, protective schemes and systems related to the fuel handling system.
- Ability to detect irregularities in the operation of the fuel handling system and equipment.
- Ability to follow instructions accurately and to report accurate information to other operators.
- Working knowledge of all equipment limitations.
- High School education or equivalent with some knowledge and experience in the operation and maintenance of machinery.
- Knowledge of O.S.H.A. regulations as related to occupational duties.
Desired Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience in dry and wet ash handling.
- Must be able to be certified for all types of respirators. Requires some lifting up to 50 pounds and considerable walking and standing. Must be able to climb to various heights and work in tight areas.
This position is located at our Power Plant in Cochise, AZ.
In addition, we offer an attractive compensation/benefits package. All applications must be received no later than the end of the day on Friday, January 4, 2019.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
We provide a drug-free work
About this company
We are Member-owned, not-for-profit electric generation and transmission (G&T) cooperatives. Working together, our employees fulfill the joint mission of providing reliable, affordable power to electric coops across the Southwest.
Arizona G&T Cooperatives provide power to more than 160,000 electric meters and 400,000 people in Arizona, California and New Mexico through six Class A Member distribution cooperatives. One of 63 G&T electric coops in the nation, we own and operate Apache Generating Station near Cochise, east of Benson. The plant has a combined gross generating capacity of 605 megawatts. We also purchase power to meet member energy needs during peak summer energy use.
Our transmission system operates and maintains more than 622 miles of electric power transmission line and 27 substations reaching out from our Apache Generating Station, across Arizona to the northwestern corner of the state. We also operate more than 30 telecommunications towers used for phone and data relay services by our member cooperatives and customers.
On March 1, 2016, Southwest Transmission Cooperative merged into Arizona Electric Power Cooperative (AEPCO). Sierra Southwest Cooperative Services Inc. is dedicated to serving as a vehicle to meet the renewable energy needs of our Members. AEPCO and Sierra operate under the banner of Arizona G&T Cooperatives.
We are members of Touchstone Energy®, a national alliance of more than 750 independently owned electric coops in 47 states. Touchstone Energy members agree to provide high standards of service to customers and maintain a strong commitment to the brand’s promise of integrity, accountability, innovation and commitment to community.
Arizona G&T Cooperatives is one of the largest employers in Cochise County, employing more than 230 people, mostly in the Benson and Cochise, Arizona, area. Career opportunities include power plant workers, transmission linemen, engineers and environmental services experts.
Location/Region: Cochise, AZ