Become part of Arizona Community Physicians (ACP), Arizona’s largest and most successful physician-owned medical group. ACP is a patient-centered organization consisting of approximately 800 employees. Our group includes 150+ providers in the specialties of family medicine, internal medicine, geriatrics, pediatrics, endocrinology, rheumatology, dermatology, and gynecology. We are located in 58 locations of varying sizes in Tucson, Oro Valley and Green Valley. Our dynamic group offers lots of opportunities for professional growth and personal satisfaction.
Our IS Department is currently seeking a qualified candidate to join our collaborative team in delivering excellence in systems management and user support. Our IS Department is comprised of a skilled team of application and systems support and management professionals. This position is located in our Executive Central Business Office where employees enjoy a casual and professional work environment.
The EHR Applications Analyst works in our Central Tucson location and is responsible for supporting and configuring our electronic health records system. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Support end users with application support and assess departmental needs and objectives
- Review changes with upcoming developments in software applications and perform upgrades
- Communicate software problems and issues to vendor support teams
- Create documentation for supported systems and enhancements
- Monitor and support application interfaces
- Designs, tests and modifies complex systems, modules and/or approaches and required enhancements
- Perform complex coding, reviewing, preparing test data, testing and debugging and implementing of system building
- Perform complex analysis and troubleshooting for various clinical and business applications and have a solid understanding of workflows
- Develop, design, and deliver training materials to our users to include both online and classroom-based training
- Perform other duties as assigned
Preferred bachelor’s degree in an IT, Business, or Healthcare-related field. Knowledge of Data Warehouses, Business Intelligence concepts and Familiarity with HL7 Interface messaging. Excellent written and oral communication skills, including instructional and presentation skills. Highly self-motivated and directed; Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment. Very strong customer service orientation; Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment; Experience with GE Centricity RIS and PACS a plus; 3+ years of clinical experience in a hospital/clinical setting is highly desired, Experience with ancillary systems; Knowledge of report writing tools desirable SQL experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Business, Healthcare, or related field OR a minimum of five (5) years’ experience working as an electronic health records system analyst (clinical experience highly desired).
- Two (2) years’ experience demonstrating excellent customer service.
- Two (2) years’ experience administering, configuring, and supporting an electronic health records system (Allscripts Touchworks experience highly desired).
- Two (2) years’ experience providing end-user support for enterprise applications.
- Two (2) years’ experience training end users on the use of an electronic health records system using best-practices.
- Two (2) years’ experience monitoring and supporting application interfaces.
- Two (2) years’ experience working with third-party vendors for application support and implementations.
- One (1) year experience with interface development using HL7 standards.
- One (1) year experience developing training materials to include written documentation, classroom-based presentations, and online videos and interactive training materials.
- One (1) year experience troubleshooting and identifying solutions for applications issues.
- One (1) year experience administering and maintaining a patient portal for access to their health records.
About this company
Founded in 1994, Arizona Community Physicians is a physician-owned, predominantly primary care medical group practice, with offices in Tucson, Oro Valley, and Green Valley.
Since its inception, ACP’s goal has been to be a patient-centered, full-service, physician-owned medical group providing comprehensive outpatient services. We strive to develop personal, long-term relationships between our patients and their physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and ACP office staff.
Today, we are Arizona’s largest and most successful physician-owned medical group. ACP is a forward looking organization consisting of approximately 800 employees. Our group includes 166 providers in the specialties of family medicine, internal medicine, geriatrics, pediatrics, endocrinology, rheumatology, dermatology and gynecology. We are located in 50+ locations of varying sizes in Tucson, Oro Valley, and Green Valley.
As a physician group, we also are aware that the growth in health care costs is not sustainable over time, which is why we formed Abacus Health, an accountable care organization. We believe there is room to improve efficiencies as we improve patient care and we applaud restructuring the system to recognize providers for the good work they do in making patients healthier and improving their satisfaction.
Location/Region: Tucson, AZ