In support of the University of Arizona’s goals, Custodial Services is committed to providing a clean, safe, and cheerful environment through the highest quality cleaning. We pride ourselves in having the utmost in customer service and positive communication all performed by the best trained, and highest quality Custodians available.
Facilities Management Custodial positions clean classrooms, labs and offices of assigned buildings on the University campus. Work shifts include: 5:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m., 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., or 4:00 p.m. – 12:00 a.m.
Note: This position may require driving a vehicle.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state retirement plan; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Sweeps, mops, polishes and strips floors in rooms and halls.
- Dusts and/or polishes furniture, blinds and equipment.
- Cleans restrooms and fills dispensers.
- Vacuums, spot cleans and/or extracts carpets, and furniture using commercial vacuum cleaners and extraction equipment.
- Reports malfunctions of bathroom fixtures, light fixtures and/or damages to room and hall furnishings to Supervisor. May also replace light bulbs.
- Stocks area with appropriate supplies.
- Locks and unlocks doors as directed.
- Initiates work orders for repair/maintenance.
- Moves furniture, equipment or fixtures as required.
- Provides quality customer service.
- Assures all safety precautions are followed in the workplace.
- Communicates effectively in a professional manner and is a team player.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Arizona Board of Regents Minimum Qualifications: One year of custodial experience.
- Two years or more of institutional custodial experience.
- Experience operating carpet cleaning and floor finishing machines. For example: buffers, extractors, auto scrubbers, and propane burnishers.
- Some positions require possession of a valid driver’s license upon employment and at least 2 years of licensed driving experience.
Job # S23937