SUCCEED WHERE YOU HAVE THE POWER!
Manager of Accounting & Tax
Starting Salary: $8,941.08 - $11,137.42/monthly
To coordinate, develop and manage the preparation of all Cooperative and subsidiary financial statements, tax returns, operating reports and budgets. Responsible for the accounts payable, revenue and billing accounts as reflected in the accounting records of the Cooperatives. Responsible for maintaining the general ledger accounts to allow for the development and publication of accurate and timely financial statements and the filing of all income, property and sales tax returns. This position will manage the Accounting Department to ensure compliance with various federal, state, and local laws, regulatory bodies, and industry regulations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s Degree with major in Accounting plus a minimum of 7years active accounting experience. CPA certificate is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of financial and accounting theory and procedures and financial reporting methodologies.
- Knowledge of corporate taxation, property tax valuations, and sales tax statutes. Specific knowledge related to the utility industry and/or cooperative taxation is a plus.
- Five years of experience managing professional and semi-professional personnel and management responsibilities including but not limited to, hiring, performance evaluations, and coaching.
- Proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft Office products and experience with an Enterprise Risk Planning (ERP) system. SAP experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Broad conceptual judgment, initiative and ability to deal with complex accounting issues.
- Any equivalent combination of related education, training, and/or experience can be substituted for requirements listed above.
This position is at Arizona G&T Cooperatives corporate headquarters in Benson.
In addition, we offer an attractive compensation/benefits package. To view more about this position and to apply please visit http://azgt.applicantpro.com
Applications/Resumes must be received no later than the end of the day on Friday, September 15, 2017.
Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide a drug-free work
About this company
We are Member-owned, not-for-profit electric generation and transmission (G&T) cooperatives. Working together, our employees fulfill the joint mission of providing reliable, affordable power to electric coops across the Southwest.
Arizona G&T Cooperatives provide power to more than 160,000 electric meters and 400,000 people in Arizona, California and New Mexico through six Class A Member distribution cooperatives. One of 63 G&T electric coops in the nation, we own and operate Apache Generating Station near Cochise, east of Benson. The plant has a combined gross generating capacity of 605 megawatts. We also purchase power to meet member energy needs during peak summer energy use.
Our transmission system operates and maintains more than 622 miles of electric power transmission line and 27 substations reaching out from our Apache Generating Station, across Arizona to the northwestern corner of the state. We also operate more than 30 telecommunications towers used for phone and data relay services by our member cooperatives and customers.
On March 1, 2016, Southwest Transmission Cooperative merged into Arizona Electric Power Cooperative (AEPCO). Sierra Southwest Cooperative Services Inc. is dedicated to serving as a vehicle to meet the renewable energy needs of our Members. AEPCO and Sierra operate under the banner of Arizona G&T Cooperatives.
We are members of Touchstone Energy®, a national alliance of more than 750 independently owned electric coops in 47 states. Touchstone Energy members agree to provide high standards of service to customers and maintain a strong commitment to the brand’s promise of integrity, accountability, innovation and commitment to community.
Arizona G&T Cooperatives is one of the largest employers in Cochise County, employing more than 230 people, mostly in the Benson and Cochise, Arizona, area. Career opportunities include power plant workers, transmission linemen, engineers and environmental services experts.