Environmental Services Equipment Operator
Environmental & General Services Department
Hiring Salary: $15.32 per hour
Are you a hardworking individual who likes to work outdoors? Do you like to keep busy at work? We have the perfect job for you!!
Environmental & General Services Department (EGSD) is seeking experienced Equipment Operators to join our refuse Collections team.
If you are reliable and passionate about doing a good job, don't hesitate...APPLY today!
Environmental Services Equipment Operators are responsible for the collection of refuse and recycling materials utilizing Residential and Commercial trucks operated by hydraulic systems and maintaining the safety and cleanliness of the heavy equipment.
Duties involve physical labor in all weather conditions. Positions have a work schedule of four-tens and may require working long hours, weekends, and holidays.
- Collects waste from containers by following an assigned route, operating heavy equipment to pick up containers, picking up and disposing of debris and bulky items, identifying, reporting, and correcting hazards, and emptying and transporting containers back to original location.
- Maintains heavy equipment by conducting daily safety inspections on equipment, performing preventative maintenance, submitting repair work orders, fueling and cleaning equipment.
- Maintains logs of mileage, container counts and weights, fills out forms, and documents statistics and problems.
- Provides assistance with other routes, operates transfer station, cleans facilities, delivers containers to customers, and providing information to customers as needed.
- Minimum Education Level & Type: 6 months post High School
- Minimum Experience Qualifications: 2 years and over operating heavy equipment for collecting solid waste OR 4 years and over operating other hydraulic heavy equipment
- Valid and Unrestricted CDL - Class B
This position will require a satisfactory Motor Vehicle History Report, pre-employment testing, and also requires safety sensitive compliance e.g. random drug screening.