This position is responsible for managing assigned airport concessions and ground transportation activities at Tucson International Airport.
The position requirements include a Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Real Estate, or other related fields; three years commercial retail real estate or concessions management experience; or an equivalent combination of five years appropriate experience and education in commercial retail real estate or concession management experience. Airport concessions experience is preferred but not required. Management and supervisory experience highly desired. Wage depending on experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Principles of business management and administration
- PC Operating Systems, Microsoft Office software, Outlook Express and other software products and office machines
- Real estate contracts and importance of various clauses; calculation of percentage rates.
- Planning and implementing comprehensive research studies to interpret data and analyze results
- Negotiating complex agreements or negotiations
- Organization oral and written communication, proofreading and independent critical thinking
- Researching information and organizing data in meaningful form, making sound judgments, drawing accurate conclusions, and making appropriate recommendations
- Self-motivation and taking initiative to complete quality work that furthers the mission and goals of the department and TAA
- Recognize, define and solve complex problems
- Successfully make a public presentation
- Read, write and speak the English language in an articulate, fluent manner
- Communication via telephone with sufficient clarity to be understood by others
- Establish and maintain effective professional working relationships with departmental personnel, all TAA employees, tenants, Board and Authority members, outside agency representatives and the general public
- Understand that dissemination of information outside of job requirements in based on "need-to-know" and must maintain discreet and professional sense of confidentiality due to sensitive nature of job functions
- Be sensitive and aware of actions and reactions of employees, tenants, and outside agencies, the general public and inform supervisor of appropriate concerns as necessary
- Move freely from primary work area to tenant locations as necessary
- Perform tasks with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail. Use mature judgment in fast moving work surroundings with deadlines and multiple projects.
- Initiate and organize responsibilities without observant supervision, and to take independent action relative to work problems requiring immediate solutions
- Engage in self-improvement activities and training as directed
- Perform cross training within work environment
- Continually learn and apply the latest up-to-date technical knowledge and skills in functional area of responsibility. Strives to become an expert in field by taking initiative for on-the-job learining experiences, as well as seeking out formal education and coursework for continuous growth and development
- Understand own strengths and weaknesses, to seek input from supervisor and peers about how to improve, and to focus on continuous self-improvement activities
Licenses, Certificates and Special Requirements:
- Valid Arizona Driver's license and the ability to drive airport vehicles to obtain access to the airport landslide/airside facilities and the AOA non-movement areas
- As an employee, you are deemed to be essential personnel as part of TAA's emergency response, and must respond to airport incidents as requested/required.
- Must successfully complete the National Incident Management System (NIMS) 100, 200, 700 and 800 requirements and certification within the first year
- Must obtain and maintain access to the Security Identification Display Areas (SIDA)
Benefits: Paid Vacation / Holiday; AZ State Retirement; Deferred Compensation Programs; Medical / Vision Plans; Dental; Life & Disability Insurance. EEO TAA participates in a drug-free workplace.