Clinical Nurse - Emergency Department
Sells Hospital: 3 positions
SALARY: $29.70 - $37.09 PER HOUR, DOE PLUS BENEFITS
Recruitment Allowance; Uniform Allowance; Night/Sunday Differential
The Emergency Room Clinical Nurse position is located in the Emergency Room under the direction of the Division of Nursing Service Branch of the Tohono O’odham Nation Health Care Sells Hospital and provides care to patients presenting for emergency services.
SCOPE OF WORK: Under general supervision, provides appropriate Emergency care to patients presenting to the Emergency Room involved in injury, and/or illness. Discharges patients from the Emergency Room in an orderly and safe manner. Communicates appropriately with the patient and with all parties and agencies involved in the patient’s care as needed. Under general supervision of the Supervisory Nurse Specialist of the Emergency Department.
- Education: Degree or diploma from a professional nursing program approved by the legally designated State accrediting agency at the time the program was completed by the applicant.
- Registration: Applicants must have active, current and unrestricted license as a professional nurse in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
- One year in emergency room or critical care nursing is required.
- Must have current certification in Healthcare Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED).
- Current certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) is required upon hire.
- Pediatric Advance Life Support (PALS) and Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) certification is preferred upon hire, if not certified, must obtain certification within 6 months of hire.
- Upon recommendation for hire a criminal background and finger print check is required to determine suitability for hire.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License (No DUI's or major traffic offenses within the past three years) and meet the Tohono O’odham Nation Tribal employer’s insurance requirements to receive a driver’s permit to operate program vehicles.
- Based on the department’s needs, incumbents may be required to demonstrate fluency in both the Tohono O’odham Language and English as a condition of employment.
Preference in filling vacancies will be given to (1) enrolled members of the Tohono O'odham Nation, (2) enrolled members of other nation's or tribes (3) other candidates. The Tohono O'odham Nation is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities.
“The Tohono O'odham Nation is an "Alcohol/Drug Free Work Place"